Glimmer Of Hope.

livivoice

Mate who is a neutral saw Rangers today. He says they are poor down flanks and through the middle . They were very nervy, had little self confidence and were not good under pressure . He said QOS were in fact the better team and could consider themselves unlucky not to progress.

Turning to Hibs I saw them at Livingston a few weeks back and felt they were a mirror image of us. Decent from middle to front but shaky at the back with a couple of big units [ Fontaine and Hanlon] who were slow and ponderous. Felt at the time Skippy could have a field day against them . If he is not available I feel the odds would favour Hibs therefore.

Of course the mental factors could be the deciding factor between us and Hibs who I think will beat Rangers . In short it would be a match up between us [ the inexplicably insipid ] against Hibs [the infamous bottle merchants]. Whatever , it will be theatre.

Finally, for us lets put aside the many misgivings and frustrations we have about the team as now is the time to stand fully behind them . Please dont desert them. We might just get through this and if we do we will be the stronger for it.

C`mon the `Well.

I think whoever we play it's going to be not far from 50/50.

The one disadvantage I think we have, apart from missing McDonald if the appeal fails, is having the away league first.

Our away form has been so poor and it doesn't look like changing any time soon which means we would most likely go into the 2nd leg with a deficit to claw back but although there has been a lot of negativity recently our home record is pretty good so I don't think that would necessarily mean we couldn't pull it back.

Watched the Alloa game today and they came back from losing the first tie 3-1 to win 4-3 on aggregate. Anything can happen, it's football.

It's Sevco in the play offs we're getting pumped we're going down, Need to accept it folks. I hoped all season it wouldn't happen but it will.

You really are are feckin depressing arse at times..we have nothing to fear from that bunch. But you just keep with the tedious doom and gloom patter, when we win it will no doubt be a nice change for you

• Like 4

Personally I think we will struggle as we will not be mentally fit when we play whoever it is. They will have had a pretty decent season and have just won their previous two leg fixture. We on the other hand will have just came through a shit season with no positives - advantage to them I think :(

For most of this season the general chain of thought in the media and even amongst Motherwell fans was that 11th place was more or less automatic relegation as whoever came up in playoff from championship will walk the tie.

So perversely for the first time in months pressure is off the team and we are regarded rightly or wrongly as the underdogs. I'm not sure it will make much of a difference to the mentality of the team but may help.

DEWELL, on 17 May 2015 - 11:41 PM, said:

snapback.png

It's Sevco in the play offs we're getting pumped we're going down, Need to accept it folks. I hoped all season it wouldn't happen but it will.

See that record you keep playing? There's a b-side too. Gonna give it a flip and play that for a while?

I flipped it for him HC, turns it out it has that other great hit on it.

It's Hibs in the play offs we're getting pumped we're going down, Need to accept it folks. I hoped all season it wouldn't happen but it will. :O

It's Sevco in the play offs we're getting pumped we're going down, Need to accept it folks. I hoped all season it weeouldn't happen but it will.

Love that crystal ball you have. We do not know all variables and on our day we can beat anyone. Let's wait and see what transpired before giving up. Thats been the teams problem.

McDonald was minging on Saturday and hasnt lived up to the ratings the media have been giving him as far as I'm concerned, however its my understanding that he'll be available for the match at Fir Park in the 2nd leg.

Who knows, his sending off may be a blessing in disguise, as it may force the manager into altering his tactics in the away leg. I have been advocating a 3-man central-midfield for certain away games for a while now, to try and make us more difficult to beat.

I hope you continue you post your disappointment on here so we can all share it.

So perversely for the first time in months pressure is off the team and we are regarded rightly or wrongly as the underdogs. I'm not sure it will make much of a difference to the mentality of the team but may help.

I was thinking about this yesterday - not in terms of the team but the fans. We (the crowd) went into the Partick, Accies and St Mirren games with an expectation that 3 points would be ours. Not helped by a feeling that our club, based on the last few years are far better than 11th. Going into the game with the crowd viewing us as underdogs wouldn't do us any harm at all.

• Like 1

We have been underdogs many times this season and been pumped. In fact, I'd say we've only fluked victory twice when we've expected to lose (Arabs & ICT at home).

DELWELL is obviously trying to get a reaction from folk with his tone but that doesn't change the fact that he's absolutely correct.