Colin O Neil

muffdiver91

I'd hire him as an anti-mascot, get him rumbling up and down the sidelines on a Harley Davidson waving a big 'Well flag and setting off flares, then have him set fire to a Peter Grant effigy in the centre circle before the start of every game! Would fair get the fans going!

• Like 6

He asked to come over for the Celtic home game last season and was totally shunned by the club. He ended up having to pay into the Cooper stand.

I wouldn't give him a job either but he should be invited over and given some sort of VIP treatment, seen he's a cup hero and seen he's had a difficult time due to his health and other personal reasons.

• Like 1

I think Motherwell have been good to the guy. Testimonial, Testimonial dinner and as far as i'm aware an open ticket to any match he wants, he's also been part of the ex players club also. I think the club does their best with all the ex players.

Clearly the drink, depression and noise from the flute bands he loves so much have knackered his brain. Its a shame but if he's rambling like a madman about getting jobs etc the club should distance themselves from him, maybe that's what's happened and maybe that's why he's bitter.

He thinks Motherwell owe him something, his posts are the ramblings of a mental patient.

I have no idea why the club hired an international coach and former captain to manage the u20s instead of some guy that played for us in the '90s.
  • Like 1

I'll always have a place for him due to that goal and the buzz that was generated when he came on as a sub or some unknowing in the opposition halved one of his colleagues or even more stupidly .... him.

However it's evident that he's not been able to find something to fill the void left by the highs he had early in his life. He should remember he was merely one cog in a machine that engineered the Cup in 91.

Many others in that squad have managed to forge careers afterwards based on merit rather than entitlement or nostalgia.

Sorry Colin, walking around the Centenary Suite dressed like a member of So Solid Crew, swaggering like you're carrying two buckets of water doesn't cut it I'm afraid.

I'm not sure the club totally shunned him- they just wouldn't let him on the park at half time, which I completely agreed with. He couldn't be trusted not to drop an "F" bomb.

*I mean 'f****n', etc- wouldn't have been worried about a wee sweary but none of that pish please.

Clearly the drink, depression and noise from the flute bands he loves so much have knackered his brain. Its a shame but if he's rambling like a madman about getting jobs etc the club should distance themselves from him, maybe that's what's happened and maybe that's why he's bitter.

Well, yes and no. I know we're not a charity, but given our associations with various community organisations, would also be nice to think we did what we could to help former players who've landed on hard times, especially one of the few still walking this earth who've helped to bring us a trophy. But that certainly doesn't extend to offering them jobs they're not qualified for!

• Like 1

I'm not sure the club totally shunned him- they just wouldn't let him on the park at half time, which I completely agreed with. He couldn't be trusted not to drop an "F" bomb.

*I mean 'f****n', etc- wouldn't have been worried about a wee sweary but none of that pish please.

Tonight's Facebook post is a video of an orange marching band....