Motherwell V Dundee Sat 12 Dec 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Our performances and results against Dundee since their promotion has been awful, everytime we've played them I haven't been impressed with them at all but Motherwell have saved the complete cataclysmic performances for these matches giving them easy points.

I watched their game with Aberdeen last week and they looked short of confidence and if we can impose ourselves similar to the Hearts game we will beat them with a goal to spare. 2-0 or 3-1.

This is absolutely MUST NOT LOSE! If results go out way this weekend we can drag 3 teams and Dundee into the fight at the bottom and also give ourselves a great chance of climbing the league a bit. A defeat here and anything other than a draw between Utd and Thistle and our position will be extremely perilous.

Everytime we have played Dundee in the past few games we happen to catch them at a time where they just can't buy a win, this occasion being no different, and yet we haven't even made them work for it. Our performances in the games v them last year were crimes against football and the performance up there earlier this season was utter insipid garbage.

We absolutely cannot fuck this up this time.

it should be dry this afternoon but it's going to be fecking cold!

if only there was a winter break so the old scum could play money spinning friendlies in warm countries.............................................

anyway back to todays game

this should be a good test for the Well and I am hoping to team will continue to improve

once again I'd be happy with any points from this game

onwards and upwards (but with thermals on)

Like Jacol, I saw them play Aberdeen and they looked pretty crap. didn't see the full game to be fair but they looked like a team who, overall lacked creativity with a long ball in behind to a striker who was constantly offside.

I think we will do it today. I'll say a Moult double and a McManus balls up in the last ten mins just to keep it interesting. 2-1 to the good guys,

My main fear today has nothing to do with whether the team we put out is capable of beating Dundee it's simply that our recent record against them is so poor. The game against them at Fir Park last February was a crime against football.

Like others I watched them on the telly against St Johnstone and Aberdeen and they looked at best bang average. There's absolutely no reason why we can't win this. Having read a few Dundee fans thoughts on their team it'd seem that a popular view is that their midfield is too lightweight without Thomson with others keen to see Hartley play 442. Given that Hearts started with a 442 against us and had to change within 30mins I wouldn't be unhappy if they did go with 2 central midfielders vs our 3, Grimshaw may be fairly limited in other areas but he bloody loves a tackle and I'd hope that a 3 of Pearson, Lasley and Grimshaw could get their foot in early and give us something to build on from there.

If we match the performance against Hearts, with presumably the same starting XI and system then I'd hope we'd have enough to win.

• Like 1

Lot being made of Dundee's lack of recent wins but they haven't lost many either, 3 in 10 and two of those were against the top two Celtic and Aberdeen, so that doesn't suggest they are going to be easy prey.

Not seen Dundee this season but looking at their team it seems to be a bit of a mix. I like the goalkeeper, full backs and forwards but I don't think they are the best down the middle of the park and that's where we are going to have to dominate.

I agree to an extent with Capt Oats about not messing around with the team and formation after the last performance but maybe we could also do with a more physical striker (Wes Fletcher?) because I think they can be gottten at in the centre back positions.

I've got a cold coming on so I'm putting my health on the line and probably an absolutely horrendous week at work next week by attending in this freezing weather so we better win!