Shirt Sponsorship

underboyleheating

With our Cash Convertors deal due to expire at the end of this season, I was wondering on peoples thoughts on the type of sponsor that we might be able to attract next year. In recent years we have had our fair share of betting and pawn shop backers, however, it would be nice to have something a little different next season.

As we approach our 130th birthday it would be great to have a sponsor that shares the same birth year. Apart from us, the most high profile company to be founded in 1886 is Coca Cola. However, a much meatier beverage with strong links to football were also founded in 1886, and that company is Bovril. It’s time that our marketing department made Bovril aware of this 130 year link and approached them about a big money sponsorship deal. :biggrin:

1425600_549471955217047_2761640160912117

1zftpom.jpg

• Like 1

With our Cash Convertors deal due to expire at the end of this season, I was wondering on peoples thoughts on the type of sponsor that we might be able to attract next year. In recent years we have had our fair share of betting and pawn shop backers, however, it would be nice to have something a little different next season.

As we approach our 130th birthday it would be great to have a sponsor that shares the same birth year. Apart from us, the most high profile company to be founded in 1886 is Coca Cola. However, a much meatier beverage with strong links to football were also founded in 1886, and that company is Bovril. Its time that our marketing department made Bovril aware of this 130 year link and approached them about a big money sponsorship deal. :biggrin:

1425600_549471955217047_2761640160912117

1zftpom.jpg

Am liking that.

Castle Water or Motorpoint I would imagine given their links to the club already.

Did we ever find out who the "major" sponsor was that we almost ended up with that Dempster said other clubs would be envious of, before we eventually signed up with Cash Converters!? I think Coca Cola was touted at the time but I might be making it up.

Castle Water or Motorpoint I would imagine given their links to the club already.

Did we ever find out who the "major" sponsor was that we almost ended up with that Dempster said other clubs would be envious of, before we eventually signed up with Cash Converters!? I think Coca Cola was touted at the time but I might be making it up.

Coca Cola sounds a little different to 'Save the Children' who Hearts have now offered the jersey space to.

Or probably just Castle Water.

If I was a betting man I would be putting my money on Castle Water on being our next shirt sponsor, however, the board and Les may have other ideas.

I think Coca Cola was touted at the time but I might be making it up.

A while back. I uploaded a fantasy shirt with a Coke logo purely because we shared the same birth year (1886). I don’t think they where ever touted as a potential shirt sponsor, however, a charity was muted by some.

Think Hutchison had his say on the current sponsors in one of the interviews/videos/q&a's a while back If memory serves he didnt really think Cash Converters fitted with the new ethos of the club but couldnt get out of the deal?

Not sure how much of his statement was true/personal feelings only/said without knowing what else was out there. But, I would be surprised to see a gambling/booze/pawn shop/loan company type sponsor.

Think Hutchison had his say on the current sponsors in one of the interviews/videos/q&a's a while back If memory serves he didnt really think Cash Converters fitted with the new ethos of the club but couldnt get out of the deal?

Not sure how much of his statement was true/personal feelings only/said without knowing what else was out there. But, I would be surprised to see a gambling/booze/pawn shop/loan company type sponsor.

Lets be honest Cash converters is about the level of sponsorship we can attract these days, I can't see many large multi national companies like coca cola lining up to throw large sums of cash at us to advertise their products. Personally I would have no shirt sponsor as I think it ruins the tops but as every penny is a prisoner we have to make the most of every revenue opportunity and find the best deal we can.

Lets be honest Cash converters is about the level of sponsorship we can attract these days, I can't see many large multi national companies like coca cola lining up to throw large sums of cash at us to advertise their products. Personally I would have no shirt sponsor as I think it ruins the tops but as every penny is a prisoner we have to make the most of every revenue opportunity and find the best deal we can.

I'd be fine with whoever gives us the most cash.

• 3 weeks later...

A large, multi-national company like Coca Cola wouldn't necessarily have to throw "large sums of cash" at us though, would they? They'd just have to offer something in the same ballpark as Cash Converters did, which probably wasn't all that much.

A large, multi-national company like Coca Cola wouldn't necessarily have to throw "large sums of cash" at us though, would they? They'd just have to offer something in the same ballpark as Cash Converters did, which probably wasn't all that much.

Like all sponsors, they'd also be considering what's in it for them, and it's hard to imagine how a deal with us would do anything at all to increase their brand awareness or increase sales.

Like all sponsors, they'd also be considering what's in it for them, and it's hard to imagine how a deal with us would do anything at all to increase their brand awareness or increase sales.

I only mentioned Coca Cola because they'd been mentioned already. My point is that whichever company wanted to sponsor us wouldn't have to throw "large sums of cash" at us. The money being paid to us wouldn't necessarily increase just because the sponsor is more high profile.

Subway is a franchise

They deal was arranged by Liam Dalgarno, an Inverness fan who owns the three Subway franchise’s in Inverness plus the ones in Aviemore and Elgin. They were given a six figure, one year rolling contract in the deal. Whilst, they are not directly sponsored by Subway, I suspect they will have had to approve any deal.