Motherwell V Hamilton Sat 2 Jan 15:00

Yabba's Turd

The referee was shockingly bad. He gave Hamilton everything today. Was i right in thinking he let an accies player off with a cynical foul when he was already on a yellow? Also he bottled it to deal with imrie when he refused to go towards the ref when he was getting booked.

It's not difficult.

"I thought it was a booking, but I don't want to send him off" No, you book him...again.

"I am booking you for a foul, then I am booking you for dissent. Enjoy your ban. Cheery"

That was a kick in the balls, but 3 wins and a draw from four games will do me. As Mark McGhee said, time to get on with it. Was pleased with the team's effort in the second half - I would imagine they had a bit of a bollocking and were closing down the Accies well and winning the ball for the most part.

Stand out players for me today were Moult, Skippy and Marv. Grimshaw didnt show up though and McManus - who I think has improved when he partnering Ben Hall, had a poor game.

That Accies player Lucas - fuck me he is a mountain.

Quite a topsy-turvy afternoon. Very frustrating conclusion but still a fair bit to take from the game.

Good start and given the fact in recent games between us when one team takes they generally go on to win, I was pretty confident. But we really lost our way thereafter in the first half with them passing up a couple of chances before they scored we had already been warned. The first seemed a cheap goal to lose but the second an excellent finish.

But what a response in the second half. Up until about the last 10-15 minutes we were absolutely dominant. Our third was a cracking cross and finish. If we'd have got that fourth I'm sure there would have been no coming back from them but the finale illustrated how fragile a single goal lead can be.

I don't know about the penalty. It seemed odd that if it was perceived as a deliberate handball that the offence merited just a yellow card rather than a straight red but it was a total sickener and it felt more like a defeat than a draw coming away.

Accies are without question a total pain in the arse. From the likes of Gillespie smirking over at the East Stand to the wee ginger knob running over to our support to celebrate scoring (again!) and half their team waving over at full-time, they're a fucking nuisance. But... their engagement with our support undoubtedly adds to the proceedings and they certainly get it back at them in spades so I can't grumble too much. I just look forward to our lot returning the favour in due course......before Accies get relegated back to where they belong.

So aye, really disappointing not to get the win but so so much better than so many of the shit-fests we've endured against them in the recent past. The unbeaten run and the progress continues.

• Like 2

…and half their team waving over at full-time, they're a fucking nuisance.

I remember Davie Cooper standing near the centre circle waving to the away support at full time after we had won (I can’t remember the opposition), however, that kind of banter is all part and parcel of the game.

• Like 1

Hamilton scored from three set plays on Wednesday and scored from one and caused enough carnage to get a penalty from another one today. For all people criticise them for timewasting etc and I would not want us playing like they did but they did manage the game. At minute 90+3 we had several opportunities to foul the guy before we did give the one they launched into the box that caused the penalty. We must have realised by then that Greg Aitken was going to give a foul if we breathed on them so why we stood off and gave them one where we did I have no idea.

One of the worst referees we have ever had but we got as much as we conceded from him. I won't be too upset never to see his name beside our fixture again. At least when you get Willie Collum he has a rough idea what a foul is albeit he can be a bit strict.

I'm obviously not the biggest happy clapper out there but i think the positives outweigh the two points we dropped today.

Scored three good goals without playing well, the three we lost were jammy, everyone was up for it and it was the best atmosphere all season.

Being critical taking Marvin off with 3 minutes plus injury time left when he was our best player by a mile made no sense. McGhee fucked that and cost us two points but we can win at Tynecastle and any other fixture now.

Accies should be happy to make the playoff. They're murder, they'll lose three goals every week, they go mad if cause score against us but not one of them walks 40 yards to see if their team mate who is getting stretchered off is ok. Ideally Falkirk pump them.

• Like 1

McGhee fucked that and cost us two points but we can win at Tynecastle and any other fixture now.

Accies should be happy to make the playoff. They're murder. Ideally Falkirk pump them.

I thought it was the other substitution that was wrong.

I hope I'll be cheering The Accies on against The Rangers.

I thought it was the other substitution that was wrong.

I hope I'll be cheering The Accies on against The Rangers.

Robinson for Moult is up for debate, if Moult's been ill fair enough.

Taking off Marvin for Cadden in 87 was just to get Marvin a cheer and Cadden an appearance. Made us less likely to win the game.

I guess you can argue for unnatural position but fuck me that is a soft pentalty for a shot flying miles high anyway that skiffed hand at most.

Yeah, I think having seen it I can understand it being given because his arm was slightly out from the body and it all came about because Lasley was trying to charge down the shot and the trajectory of his arm just caught it. However, I don't think the shot was close to being on target so I think the yellow card was completely wrong but to be honest he handed out cards like confetti all afternoon for not very much whilst missing some he should have given so that really is no shocker.