• Keith Lasley
    • Stephen Pearson
    • Louis Moult
    • Scott McDonald
    • Marvin Johnson
    • Theo Robinson
    • Chris Cadden
    • Null Vote

Robinson played like a man who got new feet for Christmas, unfortunately they clearly didn't come with instructions...

Its bizarre watching him. For someone who clearly has a bit of pace about him he seems to never quite get near enough to the ball to do anything with it.

Robinson is just baffling!! This is a guy who has played at a better level than Motherwell and scored goals.....regularly. Also played in a Jamaica team that was good.

I'm unsure as to whether he's had some brain surgery or whether he just cant be arsed.........to give him the benefit of the doubt, i'll plump for brain surgery!!

Robinson is just baffling!! This is a guy who has played at a better level than Motherwell and scored goals.....regularly. Also played in a Jamaica team that was good.

I'm unsure as to whether he's had some brain surgery or whether he just cant be arsed.........to give him the benefit of the doubt, i'll plump for brain surgery!!

I actually have a degree of sympathy for Robinson. The key point when you say that he scored goals regularly is that presumably at the likes of Derby he was actually playing regularly as well. His last appearance for us was a 5 min cameo at the end of the game vs Hearts at the end of November, so just over a month ago, while his last start was at the end of October. Since the Hearts game he hasn't been in the match day squad or (as far as I'm aware) even been involved with the u20s.

Added to the fact that overall his time here so far has been a total non-event, I think he's managed 2 starts and a handful of sub appearances from a possible 15 league games, then I think it's fairly harsh to judge him one way or another. Totally fair comment to say he's not shown much but I do think that a bit of context is warranted. He arrived at the club 5 league games in with no pre-season at a point at which we had a return of 2 league goals from the 4 strikers on the books. Either way with such limited amounts of time on the park then for a striker it's going to be difficult to show any sort of form, especially coming off the bench for 5-10 mins every couple of games (if that).

That said, overall other than his pace he's shown very little and not really contributed much. Clarkson's been in pretty much the same boat but has offered a bit more when he's been called upon. That's before you even take Moult and McDonald's form into account.

Edit: By no means is the above an argument to suggest that Robinson's been a worthwhile signing or that he should be playing more, I think the way his move has panned out says more about Baraclough than anything else, but yeah I do have a wee bit of sympathy with him.

I actually agree with having a bit of sympathy for him, any player needs a run of games to see the best of them. I think McGhee must see something in him as well otherwise he'd have been shunned like Taylor etc.

I still have hope for him actually, he seems a decent character as well to have about. He just looks a lost soul on the park at the moment which is a difficult situation for him to recover from.

Robinson did well when he came on up at Aberdeen and held the ball up, created. Also thought he had a decent if not as creative 60 mins at Killie the following week. But thats probably about it in all his time here.

Anyway for MOTM - has to go to Skippy for me. Thought he was a standout. Johnson, Grimshaw and Law all did well too down the right. The rest I thought had an average game.