• Stephen Pearson
    • Louis Moult
    • Scott McDonald
    • Marvin Johnson
    • Joe Chalmers
    • James McFadden
    • Lionel Ainsworth
    • Null Vote

Skippy by a country mile. Worked like a dog throughout . He also made those around him look a lot less pish than they actually are at passing a ball. His ability to take the most misdirected and over hit passes and move the ball along is unsurpassed, just think how much damage he could do if he got decent service.

I thought Skippy was poor. A few lazy runs, caught offside about 5 times. Needlessly on a few occasions and also give the ball away.

No real stand outs for me but I went for Cadden. Energetic display with a few moments of quality.

Couldn't agree more. Thought Skippy was very poor today!

A lot of average performances today. Went for Las - all over the park tackling and blocking and a great shot at the end.

Would have been cadden had it not been his fault for the opening goal, but unfortunately he totally got caught ball watching when he should have been tracking Irvines run.

To be fair he'll have learned a lot from that and he didn't let it affect him and thought he had an accomplished game apart from that one lapse of concentration.

I thought mcdonald and moult were poor by their own standards today and the man of the match is between Pearson and mcmanus for me but pearo gets the nod for the goal

I thought Skippy was poor. A few lazy runs, caught offside about 5 times. Needlessly on a few occasions and also give the ball away.

No real stand outs for me but I went for Cadden. Energetic display with a few moments of quality.

As I said, Skippy suffered from pish poor passing into him time and time again.

Double edge sword from him dropping deep

We held our own in midfield as a result , but were short in numbers consequently up front.

Cadden will learn game craft and positional sense, but preferably not at the cost of conceding points . His ball watching was really noticeable on a number of occasions. There's promise there, hopefully not in the Fagan/ Carswell mode though

• Like 1

Thought Lasley was immense

For me the problem with Las is that he is at full stretch in too many tackles and consequently out of the play even if he wins the challenge . He's looked exposed since the departure of Grimshaw.

Peach of a strike late on though. Time and tide wait for no man, sadly...

Needs to develop into the holding role but I'm not sure his distribution is good enough.

In the first half a lot of our attacks broke down because either Moult ran into a dead end or McDonald was offside. I thought Johnson and Cadden did a lot to manage where the game was played in their defensive third. Sleepy defending a few times too including Cadden losing his man and throw in Johnson's shocking corners it is hard to pick someone. Lasley and Pearson did OK too. On balance on the basis of slightly lower expectations will give it to Cadden.

Cadden did very well over the piece but if McManus chalmers law etc made a mistake like he did for the first goal they would be crucified on here. The important thing is cadden learns from it and ensures it doesn't happen again. There were no standout performances yesterday. If it was based solely on effort then Mcdonald would have been my man of the match but he's incapable of finding a pass to his teammates right now.