Challenge Cup 2016'17

livivoice

Cadds I personally wouldn't consider.

He's a first team starter whereas as Fergie and Dom are on the fringes. Either of the two of them get injured, would it significantly impact on the team for Saturday? Hmmm... However if Cadden was injured, that would have more of an impact.

Enjoyable viewing again tonight, it's good seeing a Motherwell team that is comfortable in possession while offering good movement. We obviously have a number of very decent prospects. Think this competition has provided further evidence that they'd benefit playing against the likes of Airdrie every week.

Think we have recruited really well in Thomas Fry. And a mention for Mackin, the McGhee fitness regime appears to be working for him, far more mobile than he was this time last year. Another cracking goal too.

Enjoyable viewing again tonight, it's good seeing a Motherwell team that is comfortable in possession while offering good movement. We obviously have a number of very decent prospects. Think this competition has provided further evidence that they'd benefit playing against the likes of Airdrie every week.

Think we have recruited really well in Thomas Fry. And a mention for Mackin, the McGhee fitness regime appears to be working for him, far more mobile than he was this time last year. Another cracking goal too.

Good news on Mackin.

Enjoyable game. The only real difference was the physical side of things and possibly a directness with the final ball. As others have said, the possession based game Craigan has them playing is easy on the eye. Good to see them playing through midfield and showing some composure in those sorts of areas.

Congratulations to all the boys who took part in the game tonight. Excellent performance against a full time team from a ? superior league.

there were a couple of miss-matches i.e. men against boys but the young guns held up well.

not too sure if we were denied a chance to go to extra time by the referee. I'm not sure if the ? tackle was inside the box but two Airdrie players blatantly hauled down Luke Watt as he tried to get into the box with 10 minutes to go.

Crags and Keef doing a great job with this young team. COYW

I really enjoyed that last night.

I reckoned beforehand Airdrie might be on a bit of a hiding to nothing and so it has proved. Yes they've got through but it's our 20's who will take the credit and deservedly so.

Airdrie were a bit more streetwise with experienced guys like Fitzpatrick, Russell and Conroy on the park and they always looked that bit more dangerous when they got in and around our box. But in terms of the style of play for long spells in the game we were the team taking the initiative and again played a patient possession based game that was easy on the eye.

We rode our luck on one of two penalty claims they had which I think might have had a bearing on Luke Watt's claim without about 10 minutes to go.

A good crowd and a wee bit of atmosphere added to the spectacle and Motherwell certainly seemed to respond to the backing. I think our 20's have most certainly done themselves justice and have benefited from their involvement in the tournament.

I have to confess I still don't think we should be in the revamped tournament, but as a club we've more than played our part through fairly healthy crowd numbers and through a young team that has played some excellent football between the two ties we've been involved in.