New Assistant Manager

middleeastdave

I'm trying to remember - what was Leitch doing when he came in as McGhee's assistant during his first spell? Was it similar circumstances?

I think he'd been a manager at Ross County by then but i may be wrong

I have absolutely no knowledge whatsoever whether McFadden is suited to this role or not. I imagine McGhee will have been much better informed and he's made the decision in favour of McFadden.

Therefore this is one of those occasions where I put all my trust in the manager to make the best decision.

Good luck in your new role Faddy!

Faddy and Lasley looked like 2 relatively obvious candidates to me. There are obvious reservations given Faddy's coaching experience in comparison to Robinson but I can't help but feel all giddy.

An experienced number 2 is probably more important to an inexperienced manager. Mark McGhee has plenty experience, so don't think that's a big worry.

I have absolutely no knowledge whatsoever whether McFadden is suited to this role or not. I imagine McGhee will have been much better informed and he's made the decision in favour of McFadden.

Therefore this is one of those occasions where I put all my trust in the manager to make the best decision.

Pretty much this ^^^^

Last season, Faddy, Hammell and Lasley were doing a lot of work with the U20s and I guessed one of them would be taking a more formal coaching role this season. Given that Faddy is likely to have least game time this season, it makes perfect sense - assuming, like in prior seasons, assistant manager will be running most of the training sessions etc.

An experienced number 2 is probably more important to an inexperienced manager. Mark McGhee has plenty experience, so don't think that's a big worry.

McGhee has plenty of experience but he also has another job that takes up a week in September, October and November.

McGhee has plenty of experience but he also has another job that takes up a week in September, October and November.

Aye international duties so there will be no league games so no team selection worries for Faddy to agonise over...there do you feel better now.

As did his previous assistant. We now have one who will be there in those weeks in September, October and November. So, whatever way you look at it, we are now one member of staff up at international breaks.