Marv Birmingham Mail

livivoice

I think there would be anarchy towards our clubs board if that had been accepted, He's worth around a million beyond that offer at least. I reckon the clubs got to be looking at around £1.25m at the very least, on his day I don't think there's much better offensive players in the country.

I agree, on his day he's one of the best or at least most dangerous players in the league.

He's started the season with a consistency that he hadn't show before.

He probably is, or could be the difference between top 6 or a relegation battle.

I do have a slight concern that should we hold onto him, his form might dip in September, October and November and maybe pick up again in December/January.

Sounds like a very different dressing room from this time last year.

Hopefully with another 90 mins under their belts, Skippy and Hammell will be that bit sharper at the lack of soap stadium.

Glad Oxford have seen fit to stop wasting everyone's time.

If the £300k is true - it shows the lack of respect for Scottish football.

You can argue all day over Marvs true worth, but what I am sure we are all agreed on - is if he was performing like he is for us for Oxford they would probably get £2m. It is a farce and I am glad the club are standing firm.

• Like 2

The problem we have is that we are always going to be a stepping stone to these kinds of players. When his contract runs out Marv is going to get much better offers than we can afford and he is going to leave. His value to us will decrease with every passing transfer window as teams down south know they can out do us with contract offers.

What we need to ballance out is if having him makes that much of an impact on our league placing and wither the financial difference of league placing is worth the risk of keeping him.

• Like 1

The problem we have is that we are always going to be a stepping stone to these kinds of players. When his contract runs out Marv is going to get much better offers than we can afford and he is going to leave. His value to us will decrease with every passing transfer window as teams down south know they can out do us with contract offers.

What we need to ballance out is if having him makes that much of an impact on our league placing and wither the financial difference of league placing is worth the risk of keeping him.

The difference in this case is that he's got 2 years left on his deal. Previously we'd let deals run out then get smoked when we offered a contract for pennies compared to lower leagues in England.

I'm happy we're playing hardball. I'd rather see him stay and help us finish up the league than leave for pittance.

The difference in this case is that he's got 2 years left on his deal. Previously we'd let deals run out then get smoked when we offered a contract for pennies compared to lower leagues in England.

I'm happy we're playing hardball. I'd rather see him stay and help us finish up the league than leave for pittance.

Ah I thought he only had a year. Ignore me.

Calderwood watched Johnson? Who allowed him into Fir Park?

I seriously hope that the club would consider the "Calderwood" factor when doing business with any club employing him. He is a proven c*** of the highest order and we should just tell him to f*** off.

What is annoying me is McGhee talking constantly about it in the press. It just attracts more attention to the matter. As long as w can get a great deal and also add in a sell-on clause

McGhee has 3 parts to his job (which he talked about when he took over).

Avoid relegation.

Bring through young players.

Sell on players for a profit.

He's doing a good job talking up Marvin - something we have been poor at in recent times. Whether he goes this window, next window or next summer, it's a good strategy. Marvin was part of the plan Les put in place to pay a small fee for players we can sell on for a larger one. The fact we could knock back 300k suggests it's working.

• Like 1

What is annoying me is McGhee talking constantly about it in the press. It just attracts more attention to the matter. As long as w can get a great deal and also add in a sell-on clause

As others have said, not sure you're grasping the fact that we're actively trying to sell him, not keep him.

Just has to be for the right price.