Former Motherwell Fc Players Thread

Andy_P

11 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

And then an incredibly stupid red card.  I am enjoying a post match pint...and heat. After being at game.  Max played really well but injury time madness 

Aye it was like he forgot they had a two goal cushion. Max was excellent as were a few others: Doak, Barron, Bowie and Anderson. 

I watched it on the YouTube stream with SOD on commentary. He said a Scottish Premiership club were trying to get Bowie on loan in the summer which you've got to imagine was us. 

5 hours ago, steelboy said:

Aye it was like he forgot they had a two goal cushion. Max was excellent as were a few others: Doak, Barron, Bowie and Anderson. 

I watched it on the YouTube stream with SOD on commentary. He said a Scottish Premiership club were trying to get Bowie on loan in the summer which you've got to imagine was us. 

I would happily take Bowie ahead of what we currently have. Big lad and looked really good.  Doak is going to be a star, get him in senior squad and learning from the first team,  better than Adams and Jacob Broon 

2 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Max Johnston called up to senior squad for tomorrow night as cover as Hickey out injured.  Would have thought he was suspended unless that just counts for u21 matches

No idea how the suspensions work at the international level, but it could be u21 only or maybe they don't apply to friendlies.

(I realise I should just have stopped after "No idea how the suspensions work...")

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, steelboy said:

He'll be suspended for the u21 game Vs Malta at Fir Park tomorrow. Hopefully he can get some minutes against France.

From Cove Rangers to the Scotland squad in less than 12 months is some going. 

He's definitely a player. Johnston and Doak both look poised to make an impact on the senior Scotland squad sooner rather than later.

3 hours ago, steelboy said:

He'll be suspended for the u21 game Vs Malta at Fir Park tomorrow. Hopefully he can get some minutes against France.

From Cove Rangers to the Scotland squad in less than 12 months is some going. 

Knowing Clarke he will probably play Stuart Armstrong ahead of him at right back!! Lol.  Can't deny job Clarke is doing but I feel over loyal to players is going to bite us.   Armstrong, Christie and Adams are the 3 that spring to mind but that's just my opinion 

4 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Knowing Clarke he will probably play Stuart Armstrong ahead of him at right back!! Lol.  Can't deny job Clarke is doing but I feel over loyal to players is going to bite us.   Armstrong, Christie and Adams are the 3 that spring to mind but that's just my opinion 

For a striker to fluff as many chances as Adams has in a Scotland shirt I’m surprised he gets on the park at all ,but who else have we got.

He's scored some big goals as well. Clarke bringing in Adams and Dykes has been a huge boost. Why we don't produce strikers born in Scotland any more is a mystery that needs to be solved. 

But. but.. but... what about Shankland?? 

Lol, I get your point though, I think it's fairly easy to see where that stopped though. If they can't play for one of the big sides in Glasgow (and I don't mean Partick) then they can't bet good enough for Scotland.

20 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Feels like a myth that he is overly loyal to players, ask Zander Clark, Liam Kelly & Stephen O'Donnell.

The three you've chosen have also been solid squad members that have just taken us to consecutive Euros as well.

2 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Feels like a myth that he is overly loyal to players, ask Zander Clark, Liam Kelly & Stephen O'Donnell.

The three you've chosen have also been solid squad members that have just taken us to consecutive Euros as well.

Totally agree about goalie situation, Clark and oor Liam turn up to every squad but hey ho Angus Gunn suddenly decides he's Scottish again just after Gordon out injured ..co-incidence!!.  But to be honest Gunn not done anything wrong so far 

With regards to 3 I mentioned it's just my own view. Yes in past have been great and more than contributed but I dont think are good enough at this moment.  Adams just isn't clinical in front of goal,  Christie brings loads of energy but no end product and with Armstrong it's just pure jealousy as he has a lovely head of hair. 🤪🤪

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Clark and Kelly have barely or never played for him. 

He was very loyal to SOD when Ralston, Cadden and McGinn were showing good form at various points. 

Clark and Kelly have barely or never played for him. 

He was very loyal to SOD when Ralston, Cadden and McGinn were showing good form at various points. 

That’s what I’m saying, if he was overly loyal to Clark & Kelly he wouldn’t have gone out and got an Englishman when Gordon did his knee