Scottish Premiership Motherwell V Inverness Ct Wed 26 Oct 19:45

Yabba's Turd

Heard and watched all this many times and will still be a WELL supporter till the end of my days because that's what its all about supportin the team, your team through thick and thin .Thin just now granted but please shut yir whinging gobs and get real .Cash is the major reason we cant attract quality to the club . Sick of reading such purile gash and will not be reading any more so its nite nite from me kiddiewinkies.

• Like 2

Heard and watched all this many times and will still be a WELL supporter till the end of my days because that's what its all about supportin the team, your team through thick and thin .Thin just now granted but please shut yir whinging gobs and get real .Cash is the major reason we cant attract quality to the club . Sick of reading such purile gash and will not be reading any more so its nite nite from me kiddiewinkies.

We don't expect quality - we do however expect a team capable of competing with Inverness who, if you aren't aware, have less resources than us.

What does Craig Clay do? Apart from shit out of tackles, pass backwards and meander around telling other players to mark his man? He is absolutely dire - worse than many homegrown players who've had pelters on here.

Posted the same in the Hearts thread but the midfield is our major problem and until we get someone who can move the ball forward with purpose then we are fucked. The movement is non existent too, probably because they know they aren't getting any service.

The tactics today were awful. Pump the ball into the box for ICT to mop up all day.

I reckon all of the new arrivals simply aren't good enough perhaps with the exception of Heneghen.

Just over 3,000 there tonight.

Maybe if more fans turned up instead of throwing in the towel....

• Like 1

What does Craig Clay do? Apart from shit out of tackles, pass backwards and meander around telling other players to mark his man? He is absolutely dire - worse than many homegrown players who've had pelters on here.

Posted the same in the Hearts thread but the midfield is our major problem and until we get someone who can move the ball forward with purpose then we are fucked. The movement is non existent too, probably because they know they aren't getting any service.

The tactics today were awful. Pump the ball into the box for ICT to mop up all day.

I reckon all of the new arrivals simply aren't good enough perhaps with the exception of Heneghen.

It was evident from one of the first league games they played together that a clay Lasley centre midfield was not competitive at this level

I'd have expressed the same sentiments myself until recently. However, when the entertainment element is close to zero, and the business model is predicated on a lottery-based hit and hope approach that would get laughed off Dragons' Den, it's understandable that some might choose to say, "I'm out".

It was evident from one of the first league games they played together that a clay Lasley centre midfield was not competitive at this level

I think the game plan for centre midfield always involved Mchugh, who looked like a genuine quality addition. Losing him for so long is massive and unfortunately this situation exposes the limited depth to our squad.

McGhee has an unbelievably shite squad but he's signed half of the dross. Lasley hammell McFadden and McManus getting new deals should have been a sacking offence. Added to overloading the squad with shite defensive midfielders to the detriment of pace and width. Clay and Lasley wouldn't be a centre midfield pairing for a mid championship team. We have major problems all over the park! And don't get me started on spending some of johnsons money on bowman. Christ fucking almighty

Our squad management has been poor.

We have signed far too many players that have offered nothing within a very small squad. This season - the Louis Laing situation, signing Craig Moore and then immediately loaning him out again, Jacob Blyth, Dom Thomas not being used, the insoluable mystery of Lee Lucas, Luka Belic, remember him? Kieran Kennedy's not kicked a ball all season, and of course Carl McHugh injuring himself with a ridiculous challenge that he might well have been sent off for in different circumstances.

That's 8 players from a very small and limited squad that we have or are paying this season have have contributed nothing. We just can't afford to not have a fully functional squad.

• Like 4

Just over 3,000 there tonight.

Maybe if more fans turned up instead of throwing in the towel....

I didn't go tonight and thank god I didn't. Petrol to get there, price to get in then to be served up utter dross...can you blame folk? Your talking about the best part of 30 scud all round for a fan walking up to the gate by the time you account for all other expenses.

I never missed a game home or away for as long but sod this. I do go to the odd game but as for the rest...I have thrown in the towel, I'll spend the cash on something else.

Regarding some of the other posts re sacking Mcghee...there's a manager in charge who looks like he's only there as there's no better offer...his whole attitude and ethos towards the club stinks.

• Like 2

I think the game plan for centre midfield always involved Mchugh, who looked like a genuine quality addition. Losing him for so long is massive and unfortunately this situation exposes the limited depth to our squad.

It's hard to disagree with that. However why then waste a wage on Lucas if he's no better than clay or Lasley. A replacement for Pearson should also have been a priority.

Our squad management has been poor.

We have signed far too many players that have offered nothing within a very small squad. This season - the Louis Laing situation, signing Craig Moore and then immediately loaning him out again, Jacob Blyth, Dom Thomas not being used, the insoluable mystery of Lee Lucas, Luka Belic, remember him? Kieran Kennedy's not kicked a ball all season, and of course Carl McHugh injuring himself with a ridiculous challenge that he might well have been sent off for in different circumstances.

That's 8 players from a very small and limited squad that we have or are paying this season have have contributed nothing. We just can't afford to not have a fully functional squad.

Again hard to disagree with that. We can't legislate for injuries but we have control over player recruitment, and there's no doubt that's been a disaster

Abject from beginning to last. .

Overall 1 win in 9 is not good enough and tonights performance suggested that run might go on for a while. Fortunately Ross County are really struggling as well. Needs to be much, much better on Saturday.

Ya bezzer

Don't watch the Ross County Smeltic highlights...............County were unlucky not to get 4/5 against them.........I fear the worst !!!!!!

Glad I stuck to my decision not to buy a season ticket this year,the team are very poor no pace,width creativity defence,signings for the most part have been poor. Is bowman or blyth any better than mackin is tait much better than law not to mention our goalkeeper .Tonight we were well beaten by a side who probably cost a lot less than ours,I don't have an answer but that doesn't matter has Mr McGhee

I didn't go tonight and thank god I didn't. Petrol to get there, price to get in then to be served up utter dross...can you blame folk? Your talking about the best part of 30 scud all round for a fan walking up to the gate by the time you account for all other expenses.

I never missed a game home or away for as long but sod this. I do go to the odd game but as for the rest...I have thrown in the towel, I'll spend the cash on something else.

Regarding some of the other posts re sacking Mcghee...there's a manager in charge who looks like he's only there as there's no better offer...his whole attitude and ethos towards the club stinks.

Yes .......he thinks he is too good for us/and he is a tactical genius..........not !!!!!!!!

Shocking performance I'm afraid and can't believe way team set up with top scorer on wing and scoreless striker through middle . Now I an niot going to pick on youngsters for abusive but for me McLean was not in game at all and yet McGhee left him on for 76 minutes which says more about a stubborn manager than a young kid against most physical team in league . Don't know how we can sort this but team formation these days is a shambles so we need to get a shape that suits team and as an experienced manager can't believe McGhee is setting team up wrongly most weeks since Johnston left we have been clueless.

• Like 1

Any chance of another video of a bike ride to the Falkirk wheel...the most entertainment I've had from the squad this season.

Was baraclough not punted after a run like this?

While there are no doubt some honest and hard working people at MFC, the sentimental decision making, job for the boys, and poor scouting system need to be questioned. Shame for the young lads coming thru the core squad are hopeless and dragging them down!

• Like 2

Am I mental in thinking that we weren't that bad?

The first half was scrappy from two poor sides, with Moult unlucky a few times in the box. In contrast, Inverness got two breaks of the ball for their first two goals and controlled the game from there on. Yes, we were pretty dire, but on another day we grind out an unremarkable 0-0 or 1-0 from that game.

• Like 1

Am I mental in thinking that we weren't that bad?

The first half was scrappy from two poor sides, with Moult unlucky a few times in the box. In contrast, Inverness got two breaks of the ball for their first two goals and controlled the game from there on. Yes, we were pretty dire, but on another day we grind out an unremarkable 0-0 or 1-0 from that game.

You are mental
  • Like 1