Chris Cadden Extends Deal

Kmcalpin

Fantastic piece of business by the club and Chrissy is fully deserving of his new contract.

If he keeps progressing at the same rate we should be in for a more than decent fee in future. I'm sure it's been mentioned he's on the radar of a few championship clubs, Brighton being one.

I wonder what the release clause is?

I assume the agent wouldn't have agreed to an extended deal otherwise.

I was just coming on to give the lad credit, as he certainly didn't need to extend his deal with us and I assumed when he signed a two year deal in March that we would have tabled a third year, but an agent would have advised him against it in the best interests of his career. He seems to have his head screwed on and to enjoy playing for us, so maybe it is a good show of loyalty. Or maybe the cynic/realist in you is more likely :cheese:

Great news. Delighted with this indeed.

I Spoke to a family member of Cadds recently so I kind of knew this was being discussed however they did say he has absolutely no interest for at least 2 years in moving onto anything else. He wants to establish himself first and foremost and can look for the cash at a later date.

The phrase used was he would rather take the Jamie Murphy route rather than the Lee Erwin route. Happy with that.

• Like 6

Great news. Delighted with this indeed.

I Spoke to a family member of Cadds recently so I kind of knew this was being discussed however they did say he has absolutely no interest for at least 2 years in moving onto anything else. He wants to establish himself first and foremost and can look for the cash at a later date.

The phrase used was he would rather take the Jamie Murphy route rather than the Lee Erwin route. Happy with that.

Refreshing to hear. Really seems like he has his head screwed on.