Official Fan Survey

numpty

Just checked out the survey, without wanting to sound like a taxi driver, I do a lot of public and stakeholder engagement in my line of work. I’m not going to rubbish the guys survey, but I don’t fancy analysing that. Four big, wide ranging open questions may be worthwhile as an add on, but he’s not going to get much useable data out of it. He can certainly get some ideas of things to take forward but theres going to be no metrics there, no real quantitative understanding of current satisfaction levels amongst the fans, no idea of what is good and what is bad, nothing to track performance over time if he chooses to do another one next year.

Maybe he has a specific plan he wants to follow and ideas to explore so I’ll leave it at that. I’ve filled it in anyway. Good luck to the guy, I really hope we didn’t pay a consultant a lot of £££ for that…….
  • Like 4

Four big, wide ranging open questions may be worthwhile as an add on, but he’s not going to get much useable data out of it.

I thought the same. My wife works with statistics and surveys on a day to day basis and this particular one seemed a bit too wide. However, I have filled it in.

Just checked out the survey, without wanting to sound like a taxi driver, I do a lot of public and stakeholder engagement in my line of work. I’m not going to rubbish the guys survey, but I don’t fancy analysing that. Four big, wide ranging open questions may be worthwhile as an add on, but he’s not going to get much useable data out of it. He can certainly get some ideas of things to take forward but theres going to be no metrics there, no real quantitative understanding of current satisfaction levels amongst the fans, no idea of what is good and what is bad, nothing to track performance over time if he chooses to do another one next year.
Maybe he has a specific plan he wants to follow and ideas to explore so I’ll leave it at that. I’ve filled it in anyway. Good luck to the guy, I really hope we didn’t pay a consultant a lot of £££ for that…….

Good post. I too completed the survey and found it to be overly focused and limited and the way the questions were worded was a bit offputting. Still, as you say good luck to the chap.

That was pretty much my initial thought when I saw the questions. How does someone quantify "feeling valued as a fan", the emphasis and relevance of that and interpretation of the question itself will vary from person to person (wildly, in some cases). All those questions are going to generate is anecdotal evidence, there won't be any actual data. However, it's entirely possible that's the point.

From reading Mr. Murrant's quotes it appears that they're specifically looking to try and get a handle on people's subjective experiences. It'd seem that this would be intended as an entry point of engagement for the club and it doesn't seem too outlandish to imagine that it's wide ranging for a reason.

I pity the person who's going to read through them though I'd be genuinely interested to hear what people think makes them feel "valued" as a fan etc.

As Big Stall says, very vague, open ended questions. Will be a nightmare to collate. I'd imagine it has been done "in house" to be honest, spending money on a consultant to deliver and pull together a survey of this type makes no sense.

On the flip side could provide some insightful opinions and gauge ideas and thoughts from the fan base. Things like this are always a positive step for engagement, although if it were me I would have had a little more meat on the bone.

Filled it in anyway and sincerely hope it can all be of value to the club.

• Like 1