January Transfer Window

Kmcalpin

Very disappointing if true.

I was a massive fan of Reynolds and it was initially a very bitter pill to see him play for Aberdeen.

He was disgracefully and embarrassingly briefly booed by a section of our support for whatever reason when he returned with Aberdeen so maybe that has something to do with it?

• Like 2

Some interesting comments on Reynolds. Sounds like hearsay to me but I suppose ye never know as rumour/heard from a mate a week ago was that he was signing for us...

As some others have said he was reportedly a Well fan when growing up and when he was at Sheffield Wednesday was definitely in and about the club at times. McCall mentioned it in an article before the Aberdeen end of season game and I for one saw him in the main stand watching a game also.

He's a decent pro so I'd be surprised if a few boos and abuse from fans made him go in a huff. However, he probably knows the wages folk are on at Motherwell and that's why he wouldnt move!

MV5BMTQ5NTM4NTY5MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTg2

I laughed far too hard at that. I was hoping for a pic of Ozzy Osbourne or something, I did not expect the Iron Giant.

Heard we are closer than ever to signing Marco de Barros

There is a blast from the past.

On Reynolds I am sure his girlfriend/possibly wife now is from Bellshill or Motherwell. so folk probably know them through friends. Maybe where the rumors are coming from

• Like 1

I laughed far too hard at that. I was hoping for a pic of Ozzy Osbourne or something, I did not expect the Iron Giant.

There is a blast from the past.

On Reynolds I am sure his girlfriend/possibly wife now is from Bellshill or Motherwell. so folk probably know them through friends. Maybe where the rumors are coming from

Mark is from Motherwell and went to Our Lady's as well mind.

I know a few of his family members and I'd be astonished if he didn't grow up a Celtic fan. I reckon the Motherwell fan thing was just a bit of lip service with him being a local boy, much like it was with Darren Smith.

I would find it disappointing if he no longer held the club in high regard, I've not been to Pittodrie much in recent years so I don't know how bad the abuse/booing has been but there is absolutely no need for it. He conducted himself in a professional manner for his entire time at the club. Never spat the dummy when we reportedly turned down that bid from Rangers (maybe the first sentence I wrote tells you why) when many would have. I do remember some fans booing him in the cup game at Fir Park in 2012, yet the first thing he done afterwards was tweet to defend Lasley after that tackle on Fraser Fyvie.

Whether you want him back or not, there are valid arguments for both. I can't see why anyone would have a gripe with how he conducted himself at any point before or after he was with us though.

This all does seem pretty hypothetical though. The rumour of him being on his way back and the rumour that he wouldn't come back are probably just as bullshit as each other and born from bored winter break/transfer window fan chat.

• Like 5

This all does seem pretty hypothetical though. The rumour of him being on his way back and the rumour that he wouldn't come back are probably just as bullshit as each other and born from bored winter break/transfer window fan chat.

Considering the poster's "source" claimed we were signing Peter Pawlett in August (wasn't even remotely close to happening) and now we were linked to Reynolds on a PCA (he has 18 months left on his deal so that's impossible) I think you might be right, Joe.

• Like 3

I find it very hard to believe that he would be anything like his wankbag cousin Tony, surely not...

I don't know about the disruptive influence thing, but one or two people at Fir Park (including Crags) have publicly mentioned that while he has the talent, his attitude needs some work.

Whilst not directly from the horses mouth, I have it on (what I'd consider to be) good authority that Reynolds has no inclination to play for Motherwell again.

I remember when he departed the club he also mentioned he had no inclination to play in Scotland again for a variety of reasons, but less than a year later he was back.

Had a brief chat with him a year ago and he was very complementary about what he said about the club. A few Aberdeen supporting mates feel he has regressed somewhat, they wouldn't be surprised to see him move on.

Whilst not directly from the horses mouth, I have it on (what I'd consider to be) good authority that Reynolds has no inclination to play for Motherwell again.

Which is absolutely fine...but quite different from having a problem with the club as had been said earlier in the thread by someone.

If I was Reynolds, aged 29, on good wages at Sheffield Wednesday, good wages at Aberdeen, turned out for Aberdeen 170 odd times (and 23 times this season) for them I probably wouldn't have an inclination to play at Motherwell either any time soon. He'll quite rightly be thinking he can earn a good contract offer aged 30 after this current one expires in 2018 to take him to near retirement.

But, that said, inclination and what actually happens can be two different things as Kat mentions above. See the likes of some of our old guard currently who would ideally have made a move but didnt get the offers they quite expected.

He could've made as many league appearances for Motherwell as he did for Celtic come the end of the season, although overall he would need a bit longer to get more appearances due to Celtic generally going longer in cups and Europe.

I was just looking at Reynolds stats for Aberdeen there and had a look at McManus while I was there as I remembered this post. Surprised me at the time.

Going by Soccerbase,149 appearances for us in total, 203 for Celtic. 130 League appearances for us, 150 for Celtic.

So, if McManus keeps his place next season (which I think he probably will as he stays fit) he will most likely end up retiring with Motherwell as the team he played most for.

There's times I have been really harsh on McManus, but if honest I've been guilty of judging him on his early pedigree, not as a Motherwell centre half and the reason he ended up at us aged obviously had a lot to do with his stock falling. When you think about it, I really don't think we could do better than him in terms of an experienced centre half and his form has been consistently quite good since McGhee came in.

The more time goes on the more I think I've been harsh on him, every Motherwell centre half will make mistakes. I reckon Franco Baresi would've struggled to look good alongside Mark O'Brien at the back that year.