January Transfer Window

Kmcalpin

I know we won't. Concern would be that £750k would see us the richest club in the second tier. Without his goals, we're toast...

Got to agree/hope your right. I think a bid of £750k earlier in the month and he would have been away. At this stage in the night leaving us with a want away skippy, bowman plus maybe cifty?

Nah.

Other question, why would Rangers wait until tonight??

No way we should accept any bid from Rangers. I have said it before, and I'll say it again. Unless that mob pay in cash up front and we have it in the bank, they are far too much of a credit risk to be doing any significant business with.

They have a track record of screwing their creditors are are still run by crooks.

• Like 3

He's in Holland organizing a loan move so don't think we will be seeing him at Motherwell

This from the Record but other sources including BBC reporting as well. Just in case you missed the earlier posts.

Anyway, here’s a wee sweep of the stories that could still happen in the next few hours - remember the English window closes at 11pm though.

• Motherwell - are trying to land a late deal to take Nadir Ciftci on loan from Celtic. Meanwhile, one who looks certain to be joining Well - and for a third time - is Stephen Pearson with a deal expected to be confirmed tomorrow morning.

• Scott McDonald could yet be heading home to Australia, although he has just scored for Well in their Premiership clash against Ross County. Could it have been his last?

At the last Well Society meeting we were told we don't need to sell anyone else this season and if we did get a large bid in for one of players (an offer we couldn't refuse kinda thing) it we be put to the Society members for discussion.

I doubt the Skippy deal would fall into that category, but if any bid for 750k came in for Moult (from Rangers or anyone else) I'd expect that to be put the the members. That effectively rules out any last minute deals of that kind.

Would the Skippy move involve a fee? He has been very good for us and, in a perfect world, if he wants to go, he deserves to be allowed to leave if he wants to return home. Having said that, he is a vital part of our team and not easy to replace at this juncture. His staying could very well be the difference between us remaining in the division and going down. He will be away in the summer. Hopefully that will be enough for him.