Scottish Premiership Celtic V Motherwell Sat 18 Feb 15:00

Yabba's Turd

Putting the Aberdeen performance to one side, the prospect of Tierney and Sinclair running at young McMillan is a daunting one. We are unlikely to fare much better on the left either, with an inform Forrest or Roberts going at a half fit Hammell (and/or Jules/Chalmers).

Think we'd all be content with a relatively spirited performance here and hopefully we can come away with a respectable result against a very good Celtic team.

• Like 1

Although we are always defensive at Celtic Park, usually trying to keep it tight and hope we can nick a goal, I think tomorrow could be ultra backs to the wall as McGhee sets us out for a purely damage limitation job. He's been over-the-top defensive in his team selection and line-ups at the best of times this season, never mind for a visit to Celtic Park a few days after conceding seven at Pittodrie. Unfortunately, on the back of the Aberdeen game, I think we're in a situation where any defeat by three goals or less will be considered a small victory. To be fair, given my last visit to Celtic Park was 7-0 last season and I'm going tomorrow, a defeat by three goals or less might be considered a small victory by me too...

But aye, I expect us to basically spend 90 minutes just trying to stop Celtic from scoring, with very little thought about much more than that, and we'll end up losing by about 4 or 5.

Minus the enforced absence of Tait, it's good to see the same defenders that shipped 7 goals retain their places. That'll teach them to be so lacklustre. We've also added some pace in Clay to compliment Lasley in the middle.

As I said earlier, minus Pearson, the January window seen us merely strengthen the bench. Which was obviously an area that needed strengthening.....

• Like 2

Minus the enforced absence of Tait, it's good to see the same defenders that shipped 7 goals retain their places. That'll teach them to be so lacklustre. We've also added some pace in Clay to compliment Lasley in the middle.

Some truth in that. I thought Jules might have been favoured ahead of Hammell but thats not the case. We'll play narrowly in the middle with Hammy being exposed. I would have thought that Lucas and perhaps Campbell might have been selected ahead of Clay and Lasley. Again I can see our midfield being swamped. Presumably MacDonald will play deeper behind Moult as opposed to beside him?