18th May 2011

Special aka

will be the 20th anniversary of our 4-3 triumph over Are Shyte in the SFA Cup Final.

Perhaps more importantly, the previous day will mark the Club's 125th Anniversary. :)

Will the Club be organising any event(s) ?

Will we as fans ?

OK it's 2 years away, but just look how long it took to organise Dougie Arnott's testimonial :)

fair enough ................... but surely the Club being 125 years old warrants some sort of marking.

Of course it does.

Besides, it's not that bad that it will (maybe) have been 20 years since the last cup win. Just makes the next one all the better when it happens. We all know that!

I'm definitely with Sarah on this one. Although, if it would make you happier, I'd maybe say 'celebrating' is the wrong word. 'Showing appreciation for' the people who were responsible for the foundation of our club, and the people who have shaped it since is worth doing.

In a similar vein to Rememberance Day, I think it's important that people of my generation and younger have knowledge and respect for the men and women who are basically responsible for our lives being the way they are today. While it's nowhere near as impressive or important as those who served the forces during the wars, Motherwell FC is a big part of all our lives and I for one am grateful to the men who made it so.

Frazzle

I think it's sad that we need to look for things like this to celebrate.

Celebrate winning on a Saturday, not the fact that two clubs joined together generations ago.

Damn right we should be celebrating the 125th anniversary of the club's formation. We've a fantastic history that we should be proud to shout about to honour those who have served the club so well over those years and mark their achievements. To educate those who don't perhaps know enough about the club's history and to serve as a reminder of what Motherwell FC has done for the town and county in terms of profile over that time.

And what better opportunity than an anniversary such as this.

Damn right we should be celebrating the 125th anniversary of the club's formation. We've a fantastic history that we should be proud to shout about to honour those who have served the club so well over those years and mark their achievements. To educate those who don't perhaps know enough about the club's history and to serve as a reminder of what Motherwell FC has done for the town and county in terms of profile over that time.

And what better opportunity than an anniversary such as this.

Initially I posted lo-key, but I'm right with Andy on this. Wither you are a 'Well fan of 5 or 95 the 125th anniversary of MFC should be acknowledged in some way by those touched by its very existance.

• 2 years later...

*BUMP*

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2011/03/06/forthcoming-events-this-spring/

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Motherwell FC are planning a number of events this April and May to commemorate some important historical dates in the clubs’ history.

We plan to celebrate the 20th anniversary of our famous 1991 Scottish Cup win in style. Details of how you can become involved will be made available soon.

We will mark our 125th year anniversary with a number of events involving heroes from the past and present.

• Like 1