Irn Bru Cup

WishyWell

Just watched the TV highlights and our young lads gave Crusaders a run for their money. We played some decent fooball but seem to lack a cutting edge, given the chances we missed. Defensively we looked a bit shaky but our keeper did have a nightmare. Maybe a spell on loan at Clyde will help him.

Well done lads. Great effort considering the number of young players who are currently out on loan.

2 of the 5 out on loan were playing yesterday. Ferguson would have been cup-tied, Watt would be over-age, neither played in the Queens Park tie. The only loan player missing would have been Hastie.

I'm guessing Shea Gordon was away with the Northern Ireland u21s.

Going by the highlights, Turnbull looked very assured. He must be near the top of the list for making the breakthrough.

He's a cracking player tbf. The only question I'd say there is relates to the amount of time he's used to getting in dev league games. Most midfields just stand off him and let him pick his passes. He's not going to get anywhere near that amount of time in first team games.

He's not the quickest but he's pretty much got everything on the technical side. Smashing first touch, comfortable on the ball, great range of passing, has the vision to see the game ahead of him too and can have a dig from distance. I noticed in the Queens Park game he was even putting in tackles in the centre of the park. I've said it before but he just looks like a natural footballer.

I'd have thought he'd have been one of the obvious choices to go out on loan along with Hastie tbh.

• Like 1

Wow. Our keeper was fucking woeful! Sold the jerseys by making a total Helen Hunt of the 2nd & 3rd goals. Can see why weve signed the young Airdrie keeper

Great build up for our goals. Turnbull is a threat running into the box from midfield

Wow. show me any goalkeeper who hasn't made a howler in his career so I ain't gonna pass judgement on this lad based soley on his howler for the second goal. I actually don't think he was to blame for 3rd goal.

The acid test will be how he reacts now

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Wow. show me any goalkeeper who hasn't made a howler in his career so I ain't gonna pass judgement on this lad based soley on his howler for the second goal. I actually don't think he was to blame for 3rd goal.

The acid test will be how he reacts now

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Indeed. Young players will all make mistakes and they are generally magnified for a goalkeeper as they, more often than not, lead to a goal.

I am sure nobody feels worse about it than the lad himself.

• Like 1

I'd wager the opposite, hence, another year at development level. The powers that be wouldn't be looking to deplete that squad much either.

Two top prospects though...

Makes sense that, aye. His touch for the second goal in particular was superb.