Mark Mcghee Says....

fatcalf

That's telling them Mark. :D

Despite their good run of form, the club have hit the headlines for all the wrong reasons in recent weeks, with the Fir Park pitch coming under heavy criticism.

I think it's ludicrous to say that the pitch is dangerous or anything like that, added McGhee.

The pitch is just bumpy and not conducive to passing, flowing football. But that affects us more than any other team in the SPL.

It's very frustrating for me, but it's not dangerous. I've had no fears for my players when we play on that pitch, I only have fears for the way we are able to play.

Our supporters should be watching a team play on a green surface and not a dessert, but the fact is that's the way it is until we get it fixed in the summer.

We're going to do major renovations - there will be bulldozers in here, not shovels. So the pitch will be better next season.

At the moment it's playable, not enjoyable, but get on with it.

Great comments!! Basically says 'shut the fuck up Hateley and Co., you don't know what you are talking about'.

I'm sure there will be a Motherwell fan or two somewhere who takes umbrage at his latest comments though.

Mon the McGhee!!!

p.s. we MUST get the pitch sorted in the summer

Can't see why, as fans we want the best for the club. As manager so does he and when it comes to backing the club against outside attacks we're all in it together. Doesn't take away from the fact this is all our boards doing though, should have been sorted last summer as promised. At least everyone knows about it now so will probably get done this time.

Shouldn't have gone this far though.

Gonyersel McGhee! Hateley is a fucking knob.

Remember when he went on a rant about Faddy taking the ball away after we scored against the h**s and he said if John Brown (who is also a knob) had been playing, he's have knocked his teeth out?

What a brilliant well balanced article that was.

I urge every 'Well fan not to read these rags.

Mark Hateley didn't really think his comments through did he.

If every ground with a poor playing surface was closed down due to health and safety fears then half the scottish league would collapse. And at amateur level Councils would refuse to allow anyone to play on their pitches for fear of being sued. We all know how H&E obsessed they are.

Well done McGee you just said what we were all thinking.

What a puddin'.

Yes, when I read that I got a lovely image of them trying to play on a nice lemon meringue pie!

Seriously though, I think everyone's getting a bit fed up with the continued slating of the pitch and McGhee is obviously frustrated. Everybody know's it's in poor condition and continually talking about it isn't going to make it get better - let's just get on with playing football.

I'm sure there will be a Motherwell fan or two somewhere who takes umbrage at his latest comments though.

Of course there will be. Its virtually impossible to get our entire support to agree about anything. There will be those who want action now and not at the end of the season. There will be those who will be worried, very worried, about the effect of bulldozers on the pitch. I could go on and on.

Me? I'm encouraged the club seems to be taking the problem seriously.