The Deal With Europe This Season?

brazilmfc

So if Aberdeen made the final against a team that isnt the old firm do you think hampden could allocate some of the seats to Motherwell fans ;)

To be honest all this talk of where we will be in 4 games time when we do such and such and we'll qualify for Europe this means or that is all way too premature for my liking but having read Tartan_Special's post my evil eye is twinkling at the thought of St Mirren not only losing a cup final against the Sheepies but a European place to us!

Can you imagine the wailing that one would cause down Paisley way.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gordon Smith tried to change it to the highest placed league team but UEFA told him where to go!

That was last season, he put it forward to late. This season is supposed to be the start of it.

Edit: Looks like this proves me wrong though. Clicky

I was positive it had been confirmed by Smith at the start of the season that this had been sorted. It is up to the SFA who goes forward to Europe not UEFA (unless it's past their deadline date as it was last season.) or the SPL.

Looks like we'll be hoping they use the square, ice cold, stuck together balls for drawing every round of the cup from now on. ;)

An Old Firm final means that 5th will qualify.

To be honest all this talk of where we will be in 4 games time when we do such and such and we'll qualify for Europe this means or that is all way too premature for my liking

Exactly mate. It was only what 3 months ago we were sitting third and about to embark on a run of games against the diddy teams. We were all expecting to be cruising and yet we ended up losing most and going bottom of the league at christmas.

This one game at a time philosophy is working better imo.

Exactly mate. It was only what 3 months ago we were sitting third and about to embark on a run of games against the diddy teams. We were all expecting to be cruising and yet we ended up losing most and going bottom of the league at christmas.

This one game at a time philosophy is working better imo.

Aye but I bet if we were down near the bottom you'd be all moaning about relegation....nothing wrong with being positive

Yeah, think we are currently 2nd to Celtic.

But, as they will represent the CL space, then surely we would be next in line... assuming McLean keeps PQ out the team.. :whistling:

As last year it was England that got the Fair Play space and it was Man City that benefited, as there was some confusion as Richard Dunne was sent off on the Final day that almost allowed Fulham who avoided relegation on the final day to almost claim a UEFA slot.

So, it is not down to league position.

But, if we finished in the top 5 then we would qualify for Europe regardless (assuming an Old Firm/Aberdeen final) so therefore it would drop down to the 3rd "fairest" team in the SPL. Which means a total of 6 European SPL teams for next season.

That's right City were in pole position for the Fair Play Award and in the 15th minute of their final game Richard Dunne got sent off. City had no idea how this would affect their chances of getting into Europe so they never made another tackle in the whole game and lost 8-1.

Thankfully the result of that game made no difference to the ups and downs in the Premiership, but can you imagine the outcry from the relegated teams if it had.

Few bad results in regards to finishing in the automatic Euro slots last night.

A win tonight keeps the dream alive , a draw still gives us hope and a loss would basically end all hopes of third or fourth.

We have to go into the United game at FP with some momentum , I think Hearts building a 12 point lead over us and United holding a seven point lead would make it a lost cause.

We have to go into the United game at FP with some momentum , I think Hearts building a 12 point lead over us and United holding a seven point lead would make it a lost cause.

i think if we lose to hearts tonight then they're probably away from us but united could still be caught. we've got to play them twice and with the top six games likely being extremely competitive this season anything could happen.

i can remember people writing off our chances off finishing third last season after the away defeats at easter road and tannadice. look what happened after that.

I read that the fair play league finishes taking tally of points at the end of april... so we only have 2months to go. Also, although it makes no difference, we are now 1st in scotlands fair play league above celtic and st mirren. Feel free to disagree im not certain.

• 2 weeks later...

Right so Sheep are oot so where does that leave us ,going out on a limb and say Rangers win Scottish Cup so either Dunfermline or Falkirk get the Euro place , where does that leave us ?

Do we need to finnish 4th or better for Euro Place (excluding fair play thing ) ?