Dundee Utd

milo

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rules are rules!

Some pricks just need to grow up and sit the fuck down when told to do so! :)

:( When rules are daft and applied inconsistently then they have every right to resist. We're fitba' fans fur fuxake, you sit doon and be quiet if ye like and leave the nasty boys to fight their own battles.

My ratings for today -

Smith (:() Still shoogly under crosses but hsi shot stopping is top rate. One unbelievable save to keep out Swanson. Looked a goal all the way until he somehow managed to paw it away.

McLean (9) Picked up where he left off at the end of last season.

Reynolds (:( Looked more confident and composed than for some time.

Craigan (7) Good, solid reliable no frills performance.

Hammell (5) Not one of his better days today.

Klimpl (:) I loved his aggressive in-your-face approach. High energy levels and he covered the back four really well and didn't let anyone boss him in the midfield.

Hughes (10) MoM. Showed real class today. Passes for the misses by Sheridan and Sutton were really sweet and his general all round play was top drawer.

Quinn (7) Solid enough but midfield is not his position.

O'Brien (7) Put in some terrific and nearly impossible to defend crosses - Sutton goal came from one. Tired a bit second half.

Sheridan (5) Not his day today.

Sutton (7) Scored and put himself about a bit but needs to be more aggressive and not get bossed around by defenders so much.

Clarkson (:( On as sub but what an impact. Great energy levels and apart from getting the winner he really had the DU back four on toast - they'd had it easy up until he came on.

If something serious actually did happen in the East Stand, it would be interesting to see how long it took them to get to the incident because they are too busy fannying around the bottom two sections.

It certainly took the stewards and police long enough to come to the aid of the old lady in my section who was smacked by the ball from Craigan! They were obviously too tied up with lads standing up to carry out any other duties!

Rules are rules!

Some pricks just need to grow up and sit the fuck down when told to do so! :)

Tell that to the 1000 active policemen/policewomen(sorry "pricks" who break the rules) with criminal convictions.

Most of the time you have to stand because your view is blocked by stewards & police :(

My ratings for today -

Smith (:() Still shoogly under crosses but hsi shot stopping is top rate. One unbelievable save to keep out Swanson. Looked a goal all the way until he somehow managed to paw it away.

McLean (9) Picked up where he left off at the end of last season.

Reynolds (:( Looked more confident and composed than for some time.

Craigan (7) Good, solid reliable no frills performance.

Hammell (5) Not one of his better days today.

Klimpl (:) I loved his aggressive in-your-face approach. High energy levels and he covered the back four really well and didn't let anyone boss him in the midfield.

Hughes (10) MoM. Showed real class today. Passes for the misses by Sheridan and Sutton were really sweet and his general all round play was top drawer.

Quinn (7) Solid enough but midfield is not his position.

O'Brien (7) Put in some terrific and nearly impossible to defend crosses - Sutton goal came from one. Tired a bit second half.

Sheridan (5) Not his day today.

Sutton (7) Scored and put himself about a bit but needs to be more aggressive and not get bossed around by defenders so much.

Clarkson (:( On as sub but what an impact. Great energy levels and apart from getting the winner he really had the DU back four on toast - they'd had it easy up until he came on.

Pretty much sums it up for me. My one criticism is Sheridan doesn't look like his hearts in it and now way should he start before Clarky ever again. Clarky has everything that Sheridan doesn't and would run through brick walls for the cause. He's also quicker, braver, and just generally much much better. Plus he's an actual Motherwell player!!! I actually thought Quinn did well at right mid.

Levein can bit ma banger. I honestly couldn't believe Brines didn't give the foul/penalty (not sure if it was in the box) but it definately looked a foul and I thought that was a big break. To go up the pitch and score right from that probably made him even angrier, but I've seen it done over the years to us so tough titty. As someone else said, Utd got more of the 50/50 decisions over the peace and Brines is a total shitebag arrogant polis bastard. What did we do to deserve him again so soon?

Quinn telling the East Stand to keep the ball was class.

Top 6 still ain't in the bag though, nevermind Europe, although we can probably relax about relegation now surely?

Levein said "When you've got the captain of the opposition team telling you he thought it was a penalty then it's quite galling (did he????).

My son is a ballboy and he heard Craggs say this to Levein. Levein turned to Brines and mentioned it to him, only to be ignored. He told me about it on the way home from the game.

He also said that Clarky asked the Ref about his booking. Brines just waved him away.

This is one of the problems with Refs. They think that they are beyond recrimination. Surely if they showed a bit of humility and admitted any mistakes or explained why they made ceetain decisions, then people would be less critical. It is this arrogance that gets on my nerves. I'm not saying that they have to make public announcements, but if they explained themselves at least to managers/players, then surely those people would have a bit more respect for them and would not feel the need to slag refs in the media as much.

I'm not really too surprised to hear that Levein and the Arabs thought they might have deserved something out of it. You almost always look at it from your own perspective and with it being such an open game, Utd having had a few opportunities and lost a controversial winner that they will believe they had enough of it to make a claim of warranting a point.

That said, we can just as easily look at it and say with the amount of clear cut chances we had, the long spells of the game we were in charge of, that we fully deserved the win. And personally I think we did.

We didn't make it easy for ourselves and it was heart in mouth time every time they got a free-kick or corner but overall we were the better team.

Could and should have it comfortably put to bed after what I thought was a pretty good first half display but we really did look sluggish at the start of the second and were pushed back for what was really the only spell of the game, before regaining the ascendancy. And even when we were under that wee bit of pressure we had a couple of chances to get back in front.

Some typically bizarre refereeing from Brines - the one where he waved play-on right at the south stand touchline only to change his mind when Hammell started running towards goal being one of the strangest.

All in all though a great and vital three points.

:) When rules are daft and applied inconsistently then they have every right to resist. We're fitba' fans fur fuxake, you sit doon and be quiet if ye like and leave the nasty boys to fight their own battles.

I'll indeed sit down until there is something to shout about. But what i don't get is, the folk that are standing are equally as silent. I just see it extremely childish that folk can't seem to follow simple rules like sitting in a football stadium. Fair enough, if your standing and no one says anything then continue to stand, if approached, why stand there and argue. You are in the wrong, just bloody sit on it. The dark ages attitude of some fans is really pathetic. Stadiums are all seaters for a reason.

So the nasty boys can "Sit down, shut up, sit down, shut up!" :(

I'd agree, he tried a bit of a chip but I do think on a good pitch it would have bounced on just beyond Kenneth. Had he hit it the way his shot earlier had gone, the one well parried, the net would have been the only thing stopping it.

Good battling from Clarkson for the winner. Their "penalty" claim, Swanson seemed to roll over Klimpl's oustretched leg. Aye, I'd be yelling for it if it were us, but it'd have been a soft one. Not the stonewall variety Levein was greetin about, and that got Swanson an yellow card for not being able to shut up.

I'll indeed sit down until there is something to shout about. But what i don't get is, the folk that are standing are equally as silent. I just see it extremely childish that folk can't seem to follow simple rules like sitting in a football stadium. Fair enough, if your standing and no one says anything then continue to stand, if approached, why stand there and argue. You are in the wrong, just bloody sit on it. The dark ages attitude of some fans is really pathetic. Stadiums are all seaters for a reason.

So the nasty boys can "Sit down, shut up, sit down, shut up!" :D

I think when fitba' fans sit down and no-one tries to create any atmos you and folk like you will complain about how quiet it is.

Fans are too conditioned to obeying the rules these days, we got no choice over sitting down so anyone who bucks the trend gets my backing.

managed to avoid it on the radio and turned my phone off all day today so i could catch the game on BBC Alba.

Just finished there, a cracking 3 points for us today. Could easily have been 3 or 4 had Sutton and Sheridan scored their guilt edged chances. And it's pretty obvious from todays performance why McLean's not a striker :D he had a solid game at the back but must've missed about 4 or 5 very good chances! :D Thought smith played very well today, as he has most of the season. Think we're gonna really struggle if he leaves us next season.

Not convinced my Sheridan yet. Although I understand clarky is pretty tired, so that's probably why he's been on the bench.

Thought smith played very well today, as he has most of the season. Think we're gonna really struggle if he leaves us next season.

I heard an interesting comment on BBC during the game, which I think echoes the thoughts of a few of us. His shot stopping was praised to high heaven but it was felt he would have to improve his cross ball skills significantly if he had any ambition to make progress in the game. Unless I picked things up wrongly he was blamed for the goal we lost. He also had a misunderstanding with Brian MacLean at one point.

As things stand I wouldn't be overly concerned if he moved on. Of the current top six sides the only one in which he would have a chance of making the starting line up would be Hibs. If he wants to move down south then he really will have to improve his handling of cross balls.