Energy Crisis - Early Kick Off

Coatsy

1 hour ago, Coatsy said:

With Electricity prices going thru the roof should we be requesting midday kick-off's to save electricity costs of floodlights coming into this winter?

I would argue that we (decent members of society) should be campaigning to bring down the corrupt government at Westminster before we start to revert to an early 20th century lifestyle to mitigate impacts of cost/shortage. Scotland is a net exporter of energy, yet we are shafted. The solution doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, wellfan said:

I would argue that we (decent members of society) should be campaigning to bring down the corrupt government at Westminster before we start to revert to an early 20th century lifestyle to mitigate impacts of cost/shortage. Scotland is a net exporter of energy, yet we are shafted. The solution doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out. 

Don’t like bringing politics into this forum but Scotland can produce/export  as much energy as you like but until those producers are publicly owned the price we pay will be linked to the profit the company can make. Corrupt government at Westminster, Holyrood or wherever. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

Don’t like bringing politics into this forum but Scotland can produce/export  as much energy as you like but until those producers are publicly owned the price we pay will be linked to the profit the company can make. Corrupt government at Westminster, Holyrood or wherever. 

Absolutely 

• Like 1

It’s going to be a tough time for everyone over the next few months, especially heading into winter.

I don’t know if this suggestion is practical in a footballing sense especially given the control that TV companies have over kick off times but whatever happens we as a club are going to feel the effects of soaring energy prices.

You’ve got to imagine that crowd numbers will be affected regardless of when the game is played because people just won’t have the money to travel or buy tickets etc. That will naturally hamper the club’s finances.

The country is fucked tbh.

Doesn't matter what colour rosette they wear same old handshake for the vote and two fingers soon as they are picking up a fat wage!Plus they don't care for football supporters at Holyrood think that's been proved and the SFA are too thick to do anything about it.

Answer would be something like just install solar panels or have fans cycling on seats to generate enough power to light up the floodlights.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 11:40 AM, wellfan said:

I would argue that we (decent members of society) should be campaigning to bring down the corrupt government at Westminster before we start to rev ert to an early 20th century lifestyle to mitigate impacts of cost/shortage. Scotland is a net exporter of energy, yet we are shafted. The solution doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out. 

Dont agree with either what you say or whether we should be discussing politics on here. 

Also, as being of a certain age and remembering the 3-day week which was in the 1970's (I was at college at the time) is certainly not early 20th century.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 12:13 PM, Stuwell2 said:

Completely agree!!

This was not started to bring politics into the discussion, just a suggestion that the club / SPFL should be looking to save monies in the current climate. I don't think the floodlights will be cheap to run especially with the predicted increase in Electricity costs. 

We are discussing the cost for fans to watch the games, this is only going to go up as club running costs increase.  Should we be looking at a switch to summer football

• Like 2

I think early kick-offs make a lot of sense this year.

The only complication would be the live games, as the TV companies and the league have rules about not having live games broadcast at the same time as other matches are playing. Maybe they could play those later and contribute to the additional costs incurred for that time of day.

I'm sure they could figure something out, the same was as they manged to figured out deals during the lock down.

Would be a bit of a pain having kick-offs early morning US time, but I'd cope.