Hearts v Motherwell 06/11/2022

SteelmaninOZ

2 hours ago, middleeastdave said:

I suppose there is no chance of anymore tickets being made available?

I just don’t understand why we couldn’t get more tickets initially as there is no chance of selling out half the away stand, I presume the reason is for security but provisional teams like ourselves will never sell out the away stand.

I think the problem tomorrow, similar to that at Easter Road, there isnt really an away stand as such due to the number of season tickets they have sold to their own fans. We get a section of the away stand and segregation takes up the rest.

Was speaking to the club before the Hibs game and they have dialogue with the home team over how many tickets we are likely to need. I think we base that on looking at previous attendances and make a judgement based on that and current form. We asked for 800 for Easter Rd and hadnt quite sold them out on matchday. I guess it would be a similar number for tomorrow.

Tough place to go and get something. Hopefully the Hearts squad will struggle with their recent European exertions and we can take advantage. As it I, anything gained by full time tomorrow will be a bonus. I think it may be beyond us and would predict a home win by one or two goals.

Would honestly rather we changed to 4-3-1-2 and had Tierney in behind McKinstrey and KVV.

People have said Shields’ best position is a striker and we should wait until we see him played there but the cold hard truth is he’s just not cut out for this level. He’s a fast Bob McHugh.

We badly need January to come or Moult to find fitness.

11 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Would honestly rather we changed to 4-3-1-2 and had Tierney in behind McKinstrey and KVV.

People have said Shields’ best position is a striker and we should wait until we see him played there but the cold hard truth is he’s just not cut out for this level. He’s a fast Bob McHugh.

We badly need January to come or Moult to find fitness.

Not sure how you can say that definitively if he hasnt been played throught the middle for any concerted period.

You may well be right, but if we dont play him there we will never know. 

If we are not gonna play him there we would be as well letting him move on and sign someone who is a genuine wide player.

Not really Hammells fault. He didnt sign him and right now he has limited options so has to go with what he has and make the most of it.

I agree, if we are sticking with the current set up, we need a natural replacement for Efford in January.

If he was a striker he wouldn't be missing the gilt edged chances he's had. To date he has shown absolutely no instinct in front of goal and missed a bunch of good chances a striker should be putting away.

Hopefully I'm tempting fate and I'll have egg on my face by 5pm, but it's unlikely.

15 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

I would honestly love nothing more than to be eating humble pie but I just don't feel he offers enough at this level. I watched him against Queen's Park in the first reserve game of the season and he was virtually anonymous, he managed to get one on one with the keeper from an angle at one point but his effort was virtually a pass back, he had done something similar against Kilmarnock earlier in the season when in a glorious position but fluffed his lines and the less said about his miss against United last weekend the better. If he was an out and out striker then he wouldn't be missing those so frequently. Hopefully I'm apologising later on.

I can't believe how tight the league is this year, it would be nice to get the three points today as it would see us slot into 5th place albeit 4 teams would be on 19 points should that scenario play out. TBH I'm more wanting to get a nice cushion between us, Killie, County and United going into the WC break. Once we get the Celtic game out of the way in midweek we don't need to play them again until the very last game before the split.