Hearts v Motherwell 06/11/2022

SteelmaninOZ

Just now, SteelmaninOZ said:

No yet

Yes it is. We have not taken a single point in any game that we have conceded the first goal in this season and that won’t change today. 

We need to yet again look at the Slattery, KVV chances that we didn’t take and then poor defending is our undoing up the other end. Same old story I’m afraid.

Poor stuff yet again from us in that first half.

Poor passing when we do manage to get possession, slack defending and missing chances when they come. If we’re being honest we really should be at least 3-0 down by now given some of the chances Hearts have missed, but when you are 0-0 against a side down to 10 men and you concede right on half time then it’s a psychological blow and one I don’t see us recovering from.

We're continuing to be rotten all over the park. For example, we can't take our chances and we can't do the basic defending when under pressure. KVV and Slattery should be at least testing the keeper today, and Halliday should never be able to bully Lamie off the ball to score a header like that. Embarrassing stuff. Hammy needs to terrify them at halftime. 

Once again we're squandering the few chances we create. We were very luck not to be hosed by about 30 mins, with them missing clear chances and some great blocks from Kelly. But we've had some opportunities too.

The red looked a bit soft, wasn't the cleverest tackle though. The ref didn't need to check the screen, so I assume VAR thought it was cut and dried.

Losing that goal was really poor, they've cut us open in open play a few times, but to lose a header to a wee guy from a corner like that is criminal.

The second half is going to be torture with time wasting worse that the Fir Park game no doubt.

Anyway thought we started well enough before Hearts went on top and missed some sitters before we grew back into it . A few great chances for Van Veen but Slattery should have done much better with his effort. I don't know what the issue is with us playing against 10 men. Frustratingly, I know we still have to defend it but Halliday had headed it out before they got a second corner and scored. Thankfully 45 minutes to rescue it but you can help but feel it'll be another case of missed chances.

2 minutes ago, pretzel said:

The second half is going to be torture with time wasting worse that the Fir Park game no doubt.

Anyway thought we started well enough before Hearts went on top and missed some sitters before we grew back into it . A few great chances for Van Veen but Slattery should have done much better with his effort. I don't know what the issue is with us playing against 10 men. Frustratingly, I know we still have to defend it but Halliday had headed it out before they got a second corner and scored. Thankfully 45 minutes to rescue it but you can help but feel it'll be another case of missed chances.

We can't play against 10 cos we are guff