Motherwell v Ross County 14/01/23

pretzel

1 minute ago, smiddy said:

maybe not Baresi    but ffs were playing the chucklr brothers 

Again, he could be the answer we need at the back, I'm just saying that we probably shouldn't base all our hopes on a 23 year old signed from Irish football.

Ideally we try to bring in a more seasoned campaigner in this window to help.

Difficult to play football in those conditions and overall a point a piece is probably fair in the end. That said we don't need to hand them a point. We just cannot keep a clean sheet. As others have said Blaney must be really garbage in training to not get in this team reeks of Darragh O'Connor all over again. What's the point?

Just now, David said:

Again, he could be the answer we need at the back, I'm just saying that we probably shouldn't base all our hopes on a 23 year old signed from Irish football.

To be honest he can’t be any worse than they two, mistakes all season that don’t seem to be getting corrected or ironed out, he has to start at Arbroath or Hammell is proving his naïveté in management 

4 minutes ago, David said:

but sol and lamie ARE seasoned campaigners,  just shite ones 

6 minutes ago, Stevie73 said:

To be honest he can’t be any worse than they two, mistakes all season that don’t seem to be getting corrected or ironed out, he has to start at Arbroath or Hammell is proving his naïveté in management 

If he's picked he'll be playing alongside one of them, won't he? Personally I think big Sol, as likeable a chap as he is, just isn't cut out for this level of football. He's slow and not the best positionally.

Lamie looked better when Sol wasn't in the team, so I'd play Blaney alongside Lamie, even though I think both of them technically play on the same side of defence.

That was user dogshit, but that was expected. The complete silence (no boos/applause) at the final whistle speaks volumes.

Hammy clearly doesn't have a clue. He cannot persist with the likes of Sol and Lamie, as they cost us a goal or two every game, and expect to get away with only attacking changes. They are useless, and Hammy's loyalty to those types of player will see us lose more than we win and eventually relegated. The less said about shitebags Spittal and Goss, who couldn't tackle a sandwich, the better. Blaney must get a start next week and we need to sign another CB who is a leader immediately. 

3 minutes ago, smiddy said:

but sol and lamie ARE seasoned campaigners,  just shite ones 

Those two along with Spittal, McGinn and Shields are Championship level players at best. 

This team would struggle to be mid table if it was in the Championship and I think we’ll see a good example of that when we go to Arbroath next week for what will be yet another turgid struggle and it will be no surprise whatsoever if we lose.

It might well not be our only trip to Gayfield in 2023 either, as I really can’t see us finishing above 11th. We have absolutely nothing about us, no leadership, no goals, no defence and very little in the way of ability. Our confidence looks to be dropping with each passing week.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, David said:

Also, while we announced his signing at the end of November, he was contracted to Sligo until January 1st, so he's only been with us for two weeks as a contracted player.

Although Blaney couldn't be registered as our player until 1st January, I understand that he's been with us training since early December. Therefore, we must ask serious questions as to why he isn't playing? If he isn't good enough to start, then why sign him? Or is Hammy that stupidly loyal to Lamie and Sol? Something doesn't add up here. 

2 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Although Blaney couldn't be registered as our player until 1st January, I understand that he's been with us training since early December. Therefore, we must ask serious questions as to why he isn't playing? If he isn't good enough to start, then why sign him? Or is Hammy that stupidly loyal to Lamie and Sol? Something doesn't add up here. 

I know we're all looking for things "that don't add up" all over the place, but I honestly think it's just a case of him not having a proper pre-season and not being ready. There's a difference between taking part in some training sessions and shaking off the rust of not playing for a few months and going through a proper pre-season.

My guess is that he was likely brought in with the idea that he'd get eased in post-January this season then really kick on after a pre-season in the summer. I don't know if it was planned that this guy from Sligo in Ireland would be seen as the saviour of our defensive woes at this early stage. I'd hope we bring in another defender before the window closes.

5 minutes ago, David said:

I know we're all looking for things "that don't add up" all over the place, but I honestly think it's just a case of him not having a proper pre-season and not being ready. There's a difference between taking part in some training sessions and shaking off the rust of not playing for a few months and going through a proper pre-season.

My guess is that he was likely brought in with the idea that he'd get eased in post-January this season then really kick on after a pre-season in the summer. I don't know if it was planned that this guy from Sligo in Ireland would be seen as the saviour of our defensive woes at this early stage. I'd hope we bring in another defender before the window closes.

I hear what you're saying, but Hammy's loyalty to the likes of Lamie and Sol will see us continue to concede cheap goals. I reckon the kitman and physio would make a more reliable defensive partnership than those two donkeys. 

2 minutes ago, wellfan said:

I hear what you're saying, but Hammy's loyalty to the likes of Lamie and Sol will see us continue to concede cheap goals. I reckon the kitman and physio would make a more reliable defensive partnership than those two donkeys. 

naw wee davie the physio is only 5 feet n a fart      good player in his junior days but 

Just back in, what a shitfest that was, especially our game management it is feckin brutal the number of points we have lost this season from winning positions is criminal.

Apart from a couple of comfortable saves for Kelly, RC offered feck all and in all honesty deserved nothing from the game. We were brutal all over the park today, but eventually got our noses in front with a well worked goal, and then our complete inability to see games out kicked in, Solholm is a bomb scare absolutely shocking,penny made a bad error but sol stood and watched the man run off him to score.

So a bad day at the office again, but there are still 17 games and 51 points to play for so it's far from over, teams don't get relegated in January.

For me Crankshaw looked good, some nice touches, bit of pace so he could turn out to be a decent signing, and a full 90 mins for Jonhston were a couple of bright spots. So we still have plenty of time to turn this Current nightmare form round, unless SH walks, I can't see him being sacked before the end of the season but he needs help big time, I only hope he gets it.

4 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

there are still 17 games and 51 points to play for

That was our biggest opportunity for 3 points yet and we failed again. Agree that Crankshaw looks tidy and even the big forward had some good linkup play when he came on. We just can't continue with the 2 CBs. How many times do they need to fuck up before one or both are dropped/replaced??

• Like 1