Clarky-cillian-js

steelboy

I'd personally statr with Clarkson and Sutton. Theres no denying though Sheridan definately offers a lot.

Read McGhee in the paper yesterday saying he wouldn't be starting Clarkson as often from now on because he's tiring. I know he does a power of work but surely somethings not right if he's that tired at this point in the season? Not slagging the guy or the coaching or whatever I just find it a bit strange.

As for Darren Smith I really think he would benefit from a run out. Confidence is what its all about. As for Murphy he should definately be involved a wee bit more.

The reason I believe Clarkson is jaded - and don't think it's a conspiracy theory is . . . . he actually said it himself in a couple of interviews over the weekend.

I don't believe McGhee is doing anybody other than MFC a favour by playing Sheridan.

I think he'll play any of the 4 decent strikers he has at his disposal based on a) how they're playing, b) how they're applying thereselves in training, c) their general fitness. And I think he'll mix and match depending on the factors I've mentiond and who the opposition are.

I think Sutton has sharpened himself up over the past few weeks and think that the he CAN play alongside Sheridan (compared to Porter - where it just didn't work) - and Clarky has run himself into the ground. He was getting back into that way of moaning at everyone else around him if a move broke down or he lost posession even though he was still playing relatively well. A wee break for him might be a masterstroke.

As for Sheridan - I don't care if he's a loan signing and I don't care where he's from. Loan signings will be the way we go more and more over the next few seasons and if the gaffer brings anyone in it will be to take advantage of that players talent and get the points on the board for MFC - not to develop another teams talent. Unfortunately we're there to get points on the board and qualify for Europe NOT, 'bringing boys on' - if Murphy isn't playing well enough to be in the first team then Sheridan needs to be in front of him on the team sheet.

I don't see anybody moaning about Klimpl keeping Lasley out the team? it's the same scenario.

I don't see anybody moaning about Klimpl keeping Lasley out the team? it's the same scenario.

I see what you mean, and you have a point, but as much as Lasley is one of my favourite players, I beleive Klimpl has more to offer at the moment, is playing fantastic, and Lasley always appeared to be the one player Mcghee was willing to sacrafice on occassions. And I don't think we can play both of them in the team AND achieve the right balance.

With Clarson and Sheridan, I feel Clarkson is streets ahead in every aspect of Sheridan. Nothing to do with his loan status (or the team he is on loan from!) and perhaps others (fans anyway?) feel the same?

Would never drop Clarkson from the team. Sutton beside him

I get your sentiment - but it's just not reality though. is it?

Match-winner David Clarkson was a surprise omission from the starting eleven, dropping to the bench in place of Paul Quinn.

"He didn't start the game because I think he looks tired," said McGhee. "He's played a lot of games in the last couple of years, probably run more miles than anyone and I feel it's starting to show.

"I sent him to Spain for a few days last week to recharge and I'll maybe use him off the bench for a few games to get him back to his best. It was great for him to come on and get the goal.

The 23-year-old said:"The gaffer called me in and said I looked a bit tired and told me to get away go for a few days, get some sun and relax.

"Mark has been great from that point of view because I was feeling a bit tired and my legs had gone.

"They started to feel heavier and things get harder. You don't feel as sharp and the gaffer saw that."

Clarkson has been slaughtered by his team-mates for getting preferential treatment from his manager but none of them were complaining when he hit the net for the first time since February 14.

He said: "I've been caned a wee bit by the boys. I said I'd see them next Tuesday and they weren't too happy with that because they were training."

The Steelmen were all smiles at the final whistle but Clarkson admits the heavily-criticised Fir Park pitch is partly responsible for his tiredness.

He said: "The park is obviously heavy and you're battling against it so maybe it has contributed to things."

Regardless of his late goal McGhee is set to keep his supersub in reserve for a while, hoping to bring the striker on to devastating effect.

That could hurt Clarkson's hopes of being called into the Scotland squad for the World Cup double-header with Holland and Iceland.

But even if he is ignored for those games he is ready to trust his gaffer.

Clarkson said: "I won't mind staying on the bench.

"Mark said for two years I have played nearly every game and he'd now look to bring me on for the last half hour or 20 minutes.

"It is good to know the gaffer is talking to me about what he thinks is best. If he doesn't play me from the start I won't be unhappy

the question needs to be asked again. clarky looked sharp when he came on and will surely start against aberdeen.

neither of the other two had a particularly good game today but sheridan was more involved and caused kilmarnock a few problems. i'd start him as they're both about the same in the air and he is clearly better in other aspects of play. sutton was diabolical especially in the first half.

i think there is going to be a bigger question asked about sutton soon. he does very little apart from score which seems fair enough but he's only scored 7 in 21 games. he isn't that good in the air and looks ridiculous when he tries to run so i think we have to ask ourselves whether it's worth carrying a player who'll do nothing for two games but score in the third. if we were in a relegation battle i'd say yes but we've got aspirations of finishing high up the league so i don't think we can afford to carry deadweight like we did today.

at this point in the season where every point is essential you play your best players. If they are tired bring them off when the game is won.

Clarkson is our top goalscorer get him played.

What's happened to young murphy? Has Cillian really provided more than what young murphy showed previously? Did McGhee's bad handling of Murphy during the team selections against Nancy, especially at home, damage the lads confidence?