St Mirren v Motherwell 28/01/23

SteelmaninOZ

1 hour ago, pretzel said:

That game would get football stopped. I said it in another thread but seeing that lineup as soon as I parked up in Paisley I couldn't help be feel deflated, I felt that the new signings were giving the place a much needed lift but we reverted to norm, not much we could do about the international clearance and injury to Mandron. Just on the Danzaki issue, the Twitter feed said the clearance never arrived but the match report said "Although latest signing Riku Danzaki was cleared in time for the game, the Japan midfielder didn’t feature in the squad."

We haven't been getting much from VAR since the introduction months ago, despite him winning the appeal the Watt red was correct imo. So far we have been penalised with questionable handballs, Lamie with his back to play and the last minute at Tynecastle when Solholm had his hands by his side, worth bearing in mind Sibbick got away with similar like ten minutes earlier and not to mention the injury time Aberdeen fiasco, every points a prisoner and this great tech is pish tbh, I think everyones worry was that VAR wouldn't make a difference due to the same poor officials operating it which seems to be true. On Saturday there was plenty great angles showing Lamie was wrestled to the ground but it never even warranted viewing by the ref. 

I thought we started the game well but as per we lose the most ludicrous goal (again) and that to a guy who couldn't hit a banjo off of a cows arse. Typically apart from a free kick straight at him I don't think Kelly had much else to do. Carson done well to stop a few of our efforts but they were routine enough to be fair, I heard he needed a scan on his wrist after the game due to the collision with Van Veen, I thought at the time it was just more shit festing. Lamie was unfortunate to see his header just skim past the post, a point was probably the least we deserved but again we went home empty handed.

As disappointing as the result was, it was shocking to see grown men with beetroot faces at full time spewing venom to the players in that manner, probably best take a break if you're going to get that worked up about football.

That's how I saw the game as well, we had as much, probably more if the game than them, deserved a draw.

Think it's in the context of the run we are on people losing the place , it's easy to say but if abuse was being directed at players , it does no good.

Obviously we can play ok but the howling goals we lose just turns potential draws into losses .

I would be aiming for 4 pts from next 2 games , Aberdeen and st j are as bad as us.

6 hours ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

That's how I saw the game as well, we had as much, probably more if the game than them, deserved a draw.

Think it's in the context of the run we are on people losing the place , it's easy to say but if abuse was being directed at players , it does no good.

Obviously we can play ok but the howling goals we lose just turns potential draws into losses .

I would be aiming for 4 pts from next 2 games , Aberdeen and st j are as bad as us.

no offence GBS   but jesus was that no what we were saying bout killie n ross co game   and other games before that 

ffs we havent won in however many and feck knows the last time we won at fp  we need to hope our luck will change but with a defence like ours would you put your money on it ??

in my opinion for what its worth its 3 points and nothing less against a poor st j team to pull them into the mix, if we cant beat them then start preparing for championship football in front of 1200 fans cause right now we are shite

to easy to defend against

powder puff same midfield

and a defence and goalie who have no confidence in each other

iv never seen the other goalie play, but if hees 6,2 and comanding with a presence then drop the captain and lets build from there

On 1/29/2023 at 4:41 PM, wellfan said:

Anyone see the toxicity in the stands at the end of the game yesterday? Hammy straight down the tunnel, I think. Sol marching over to applaud the fans and getting absolute pelters, and then a club official marching onto the park to stop the players coming over to do similar. They all deserve the boos due to their meek, pathetic displays. Not one of them is a leader. As someone else wrote on this forum, we need hard bastards, and Hammel/Kerr and those players are not that. 

Days of hard b'stard managers are long gone. Precious players take the huff and down tools. They'll always get another team. That's difficult to manage when you've on money to replace them.  Look at Aberdeen.