St Mirren v Motherwell 28/01/23

SteelmaninOZ

Amazingly we are the only side to have beaten them at home in the league this season and their only other home loss was in the League Cup Group Stages against, believe it or not, Arbroath!

We really need to get League points on the board but this will be a tough one.

1-1 I think.

We've got a pretty reasonable run of fixtures coming up.   To get out of the mire winning 3 from our next 7 games would make a huge difference. 

Suspect one of the teams in and around us will hit a purple streak , equally StMirren/St.J could get sucked into the mix.

I rather hope it's us who can create our turn of good fortune. 

5 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

We've got a pretty reasonable run of fixtures coming up.   To get out of the mire winning 3 from our next 7 games would make a huge difference. 

Suspect one of the teams in and around us will hit a purple streak , equally StMirren/St.J could get sucked into the mix.

I rather hope it's us who can create our turn of good fortune. 

We've had a reasonable run of fixtures 

Livingston - Away

Kilmarnock - Home 

Hibs - Home 

Ross County - Home 

Three points out of 12 , there is no such thing as a pretty reasonable run of fixtures for us. We've been pish against everybody.

• Like 3

• SteelmaninOZ changed the title to St Mirren v Motherwell 28/01/23
1 hour ago, MJC said:

Going by the social media promotions of this game it looks as though we will be wearing our ‘Shivute’ kit again this weekend. Not that I’m complaining as it means we will be spared our home strip for another week.

Would amber shorts 🩳 work?

ahh maybe not 🤔

1 hour ago, Chanzeypopz said:

As rubbish as our last run of games has been, We have some new players and a good track record vs St Mirren. Just a shame it wasent Aberdeen we had next 😂

We’ve got them a week on Saturday though…

Despite a strong start to the season for St Midden they're now going through a blip and the last ten league games they have played almost mirrors our form. Robinson always seemed to enjoy great wee runs of form with us then would go off the rails for a bit, let's just hope we aren't as generous as we were with Hibs. Thankfully they have no Bobby Madden to bail them out and Eamonn Brophy who seemed to score a few last season. I think the line up will likely be the same as Arbroath.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pretzel said:

Despite a strong start to the season for St Midden they're now going through a blip and the last ten league games they have played almost mirrors our form. Robinson always seemed to enjoy great wee runs of form with us then would go off the rails for a bit, let's just hope we aren't as generous as we were with Hibs. Thankfully they have no Bobby Madden to bail them out and Eamonn Brophy who seemed to score a few last season. I think the line up will likely be the same as Arbroath.

I always thought Brophy was a decent player, quite surprised to see him move.

30 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

I always thought Brophy was a decent player, quite surprised to see him move.

Yeah, I thought he was a decent player at this level, I think the general consensus with the St Mirren support was that he wasn't scoring enough goals but surely Curtis Main would fall under the same bracket. Brophy has been sent out on loan to Ross County until the end of the season, I know it might change but it doesn't seem like Roy MacGregor is digging deep this January as we usually get the County renaissance from this point, I think the other addition they made was another loan from the league, Kennah for Hibs. 

9 minutes ago, pretzel said:

Yeah, I thought he was a decent player at this level, I think the general consensus with the St Mirren support was that he wasn't scoring enough goals but surely Curtis Main would fall under the same bracket. Brophy has been sent out on loan to Ross County until the end of the season, I know it might change but it doesn't seem like Roy MacGregor is digging deep this January as we usually get the County renaissance from this point, I think the other addition they made was another loan from the league, Kennah for Hibs. 

I’d not realised the goals had dried up but he has had injuries. He’s certainly a player that I remember thinking in the past could do a job for us.

36 minutes ago, pretzel said:

and the young striker from wigan

23 minutes ago, smiddy said:

and the young striker from wigan

Yeah, don't know how I missed that. The guy hasn't played much at all he has scored a solitary goal for Guiseley but he could hit the ground running. That's five Wigan players loaned to clubs in the Premiership. I see St Johnstone bid a sizeable sum for Jordan White.

The MD at work is a huge St. Mirren fan and has invited me along Saturday for some hospitality dinner and drinks before and after the game.

It is usually a good day out, but will need to go some to beat the Tom Hateley "top bins" free kick afternoon when I jumped up and went mental, much to the dismay and annoyance of the mainly elderly St. Mirren supporting supporters, and indeed my MD 🤣🤪 

My overriding memory of St Mirren is being at the game where Billy Abercrombie was sent off 3 times. 

Was a pretty uneventful night otherwise and we didn't know about the 2 additional red cards until the next morning. 

Anyway. Another Mandron double for a 2 -1 win. 

I see we're using our fluorescent kit again this week. 

I'm actually looking forward to the game, it's nice to see us not hanging around on the signing front. I know we have been saying this for weeks now but the three points would be massive. Ross County face Killie today and Dundee United face Celtic tomorrow so it's a great chance to start building up some points. Assuming we can take all the points what would be the ideal situation in the County Killie match, a draw or Killie win to leave County adrift.

Both teams are actually going into this in similar form. Robinson had that habit with us where he would go on great runs then with the same measure go on horrific runs, St Midden fans think they're on a blip so hopefully we can add to the misery. We have been particularly generous to Killie, Hibs and County recently so hopefully today we can see the positive impact the new additions have made and take all three points.