2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

7 minutes ago, Wellfan1984 said:

It's Harrogate mate.  If that's out of his comfort zone then he has issues.  

It's a different league. Which is the point I made originally. If he fancies a change of scene and it just so happens Harrogate are the club offering him a concrete deal that works financially then he has the option of either taking it, or staying here.

And he's clearly stated he fancies a change of scene and a different challenge.

56 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

I’m glad you’ve got that off your chest. Dress it up how you like, I’m of a vintage where being referred to as ‘dude’ is just wrong & a differing viewpoint as talking ‘keech’? Deary me.

It's not something worth getting your Y Fronts messed up over though is it? To be fair to the other poster you do come across as quite cryptic.

1 hour ago, maz said:

It's not something worth getting your Y Fronts messed up over though is it? To be fair to the other poster you do come across as quite cryptic.

Cryptic = Smartarse , i know more than yous.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maz said:

And? Be boring if everybody posted in the same style.

Plenty understand the why’s and why not with no issue. Some choose to read who & what’s posted rather than what’s being said. Then you get those who are scrambling for relevance, of which there’s more than a few.

9 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

And? Be boring if everybody posted in the same style.

Plenty understand the why’s and why not with no issue. Some choose to read who & what’s posted rather than what’s being said. Then you get those who are scrambling for relevance, of which there’s more than a few.

'scrambling for relevance'

A bit of humility would do you well, pal. 

7 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

dude? keech? Honking patter.

Nobody getting called out 😂 I know steelboy and we discussed offline straight after the post. Sorry if you didn’t get the memo. A touch parochial in the thinking that playing budgets in the 4th Tier are not above that of our own. Information is there to support.

Dean Cornelius da? Think the biology part will count me out for that suggestion. But, batter in if it gets you likes.

Only replied to the revisionism of some. Stats are there to disprove some theories.

ah yir his maw, :)    well a know his granny, so a must know you  🤣    anyway if you are a wummin, ?   then you talk more fitbaw sense than a lot on here,,, charge in hen a quite like yir suttle patter

• Like 1

The ‘plus point’ if there is one about this move is that he’s not joining an Aberdeen or a Hearts etc so won’t be playing against us next season. 

Nevertheless he will be a tough act to follow for any forward players we bring in this summer.

9 minutes ago, smiddy said:

ah yir his maw, :)    well a know his granny, so a must know you  🤣    anyway if you are a wummin, ?   then you talk more fitbaw sense than a lot on here,,, charge in hen a quite like yir suttle patter

😂 You never know. Can a wummin be a smartarse?

I thought KVV would end up with a team playing European football, but if they go back up he'll get a season or two playing against the likes of PSV and Feyenoord which wouldn't be so bad.

Best of luck to him!

Strikers come and strikers go. Sutton, Higdon, Moult and even Watt didn't score goals before or after their time with us that they did while with us.  KVV scored 12 in 59 games prior to joining us. Moult had never scored a goal for a 'league' side. Trust the manager to buy well and remember that previous 'form' isn't always an indicator of how a striker will perform.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Robbos boy said:

So the much maligned on here for being LAZY, UNITERESTED and No User, KVV, has got a move away. Cue the fee wasn't enough from those who used the above-mentioned phrases for his play. For me it was a pleasure seeing you pull on the Claret and Amber Kev, from day one I could see you were class, unlike some others. Hopefully you get a good wage rise and score plenty. Thanks for your service, now Kettlewell find his replacement Pronto!!!! 

There have been times in his 2 year tenure when criticism was justified....but ...the last 3 months produced some of the best individual performances I have seen in ages..... Groningen my favourite Dutch team now

• Like 2

5 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

Be interesting to see who we get to replace KVV. 

Highly doubt it’s to replace him but we’ve currently taken Josh Fowler on trial from Beith they won the WOS Premier and he scored 32 goals last season, only 21 years old. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Highly doubt it’s to replace him but we’ve currently taken Josh Fowler on trial from Beith they won the WOS Premier and he scored 32 goals last season, only 21 years old. 

that's interesting. with a 50% strike rate of goals to game over last 2 seasons the boy clearly knows where the goals are. more so than many others we have signed. 

appreciate there's a levelling in terms of leagues etc but this fills me some optimism. 

• Confused 1

57 minutes ago, AllyMax said:

Strikers come and strikers go. Sutton, Higdon, Moult and even Watt didn't score goals before or after their time with us that they did while with us.  KVV scored 12 in 59 games prior to joining us. Moult had never scored a goal for a 'league' side. Trust the manager to buy well and remember that previous 'form' isn't always an indicator of how a striker will perform.

That is the best way to look at it. Players and managers will come and go but the club will always be there. No one is bigger than the club, no matter what or how much they contribute while they are with us.

• Like 1

The only good thing is it hasn't dragged on and we have plenty of time to hopefully get two decent strikers in.to move back to holland at 32 and on more money than he's ever been on is brilliant for him,best of luck to him.

• David locked this topic