2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

14 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Aye, its time to lay off MJC and Steelboy. Everyone is different and there are extreme pessimists and extreme optimists in  our support, and all shades of opinion in between. I often disagree with them both but at times they both write a lot of sense. Please don't throw the baby out with the bathwater folks. Lets get back on topic - by all accounts theres plenty of activity due later to occupy us.  

For clarification I think steelboy will get that when i agree with him I agree with him but come on now. I think he can stand up for himself.  I personally don't see anyone giving steelboy or mjc a hard time. They can give back as good as they get 

I went to see my favourite band tonight at the hydro and some twat tripped me up on the way out ... And I now have a broken nose.. Motherwell could sign anyone tonight and I would not care 

• Sad 2

Blackburn supporter here.

Vale looked very good at U23/U21 level, and he showed promise in the English Championship at times.

The problem for him was getting past more experienced players like Brereton Diaz and Gallagher. He very rarely got 90 minutes

Now we have Szmodics scoring prolifically.

What Jack really needs is a sustained run in a team. He's athletic and he reads the game well. I think the confidence-boost of a couple of goals might be all he needs to turn him into a very useful asset.

18 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

For clarification I think steelboy will get that when i agree with him I agree with him but come on now. I think he can stand up for himself.  I personally don't see anyone giving steelboy or mjc a hard time. They can give back as good as they get 

I went to see my favourite band tonight at the hydro and some twat tripped me up on the way out ... And I now have a broken nose.. Motherwell could sign anyone tonight and I would not care 

Hope the gig was worth it at least. Broken noses arent fun, but subsequent ones get easier.

As far as the back and forth goes, there's nothing wrong with arguing and getting heated sometimes, and it rarely gets too personal. Many of us have been on here for a couple of decades now (jeez-o) and the various shticks can get old, but at least we can agree that Oli Shaw is shite.

41 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

I went to see my favourite band tonight at the hydro. .. Motherwell could sign anyone tonight and I would not care 

Some of us are not Enjoying the transfer silence. 
I just hope Daws/Kettlewell never lets me down again. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wellgirl said:

So why didn't you tell people earlier eh

Because with stats like Vale has probably hoped it wasn’t for real . Let’s see what the experts on here think of Vale happy clappers every one 

6 hours ago, wellgirl said:

Hope seeing Depeche Mode made up for the broken nose

5 hours ago, Yodo said:

Because with stats like Vale has probably hoped it wasn’t for real . Let’s see what the experts on here think of Vale happy clappers every one 

I am a happy clapper when it comes to Motherwell. Won't apologise for it either. 

5 hours ago, Yodo said:

You're right. Two goals having only started five games, appalling...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yodo said:

I will wait until Ive seen him play a few games before I make any judgement on the young man. I think thats fair, dont you?

1 minute ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I will wait until Ive seen him play a few games before I make any judgement on the young man. I think thats fair, dont you?

Definately I hope he scores every week but his stats are saying different 

27 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Another happy clapper get yer facts right 

He has played 14 games.

But he has only started 5.

Lincoln fans also seem to think he was played out of position. 

So lets see what he does for Motherwell.

I think its worth highlighting Lukas Jutkiewicz figures before he signed for Motherwell. He had done nothing of note prior to that, in fact had played way more games than Jack Vale with a statistically poorer return. Now Im not saying Jack Vale will be that level of player, but no one had ever heard of Lukas and he turned out pretty well. So lets see what Jack has got eh?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lukas_Jutkiewicz

2 minutes ago, pretzel said:

The last forward we signed on loan from Blackburn did not fair too badly. Nick Blackman had like 29 appearances and 3 goals to his name before arriving here. 

Another good example.

Did Craig Brown not take him to Aberdeen?

Only out of courtesy you understand! 😆

• David locked this topic