2023/24 ins & outs discussion

David

2 minutes ago, MJC said:

Perhaps yes. But at the same time in St.Mirren’s case, with Paisley, would they not have at least as much if not twice more the amount of football fans who follow the Old Firm in their town? Given their proximity to Glasgow then it’s hard to think otherwise surely? 

Kilmarnock are a bit more out of the way, but the town and general area will almost certainly have more Celtic/Rangers fans than those who support Killie I would have thought?

That's all just conjecture though really. Factors that can't be proven with data. 

All we know for sure is that when you rank all three towns on population, Motherwell comes in at the bottom. 

1 minute ago, steelboy said:

McGinn, O'Donnell and who? 

That's entirely up to the manager but also down to whatever injured player they can hold up between them and carry round the pitch and throw in the way of shots.

Just now, Well Well said:

That's entirely up to the manager but also down to whatever injured player they can hold up between them and carry round the pitch and throw in the way of shots.

That's a good way of avoiding saying it's hard to make a functioning team out of the squad we've assembled.

1 minute ago, steelboy said:

That's a good way of avoiding saying it's hard to make a functioning team out of the squad we've assembled.

It's not avoiding saying anything at all. Unlike others I have no interest in getting involved in debates. You asked a question, I replied. That's as far as I go take from it what you will or don't. Couldn't care less.

22 minutes ago, MJC said:

But St.Mirren and Kilmarnock don’t seem to have quite the same amount of ‘stay-away’ fans as we do?

Firstly I’d say this discussion should be moved to its own thread as it has merit (maybe the mods can sort that) but heres my tuppence worth.

I might be wrong but as the average gate attendance’s includes  the away fans, is it not possible that their crowds are larger because they allow the arse cheeks more than one stand? 
Also, what is the comparison between how many we take to their grounds to what they bring to Fir Park?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

Firstly I’d say this discussion should be moved to its own thread as it has merit (maybe the mods can sort that) but heres my tuppence worth.

I might be wrong but as the average gate attendance’s includes  the away fans, is it not possible that their crowds are larger because they allow the arse cheeks more than one stand? 
Also, what is the comparison between how many we take to their grounds to what they bring to Fir Park?

St Mirren only give the same stand we get that seats 1200.

9 minutes ago, steelboy said:

There's a Livi fan on P&B saying we are signing Obileye on a pre contract.

Mental.

Lets be honest thats going to be our level soon as they get Kelly and Spittial off the wage books i dread to think what next season will bring.

Just now, Spit_It_Out said:

Lets be honest thats going to be our level soon as they get Kelly and Spittial off the wage books i dread to think what next season will bring.

We'll still have between £2.5-3 million a year to spend on players. We have money to sign players that better than Obileye we just don't have a manager and head of recruitment who can get them in.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

Frail made it clear this morning that he sees Spittal as an integral part of our team and doesn't want to lose him 

1 hour ago, thewelllfan said:

Well that's why the folk in charge have to start making the right appointments so we don't have to sack them. Whatever idiot gave Alexander that new deal basically crippled the club.

Yep, I and others made this point a long time ago. 

• David locked this topic