Society Elections

Kmcalpin

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all! My name is Chris Childers and I am a Motherwell supporter in the USA and hoping to earn your vote. I live in Nashville, Tennessee and I work as a professional sports talk host covering American football. I know I may not be local but I believe I can be of great use of the club from an international perspective. My goal if on the board would be to set a flat rat for international members to join the Well Society that will be what I hope to be an easy sell to football fanatics in the states who would love the thought of having a chance to own a piece of European pro club. I believe I can be effective in spreading the word and building membership with Major League Soccer supporters clubs in the USA, starting with mine (Nashville SC). The United States could be a great resource to help build membership and therefore secure the financial future of the club. Please refer to my husting video for more info! Thanks all! Cheers.

A mixture of existing experienced members and fresh blood. Ostensibly, a good mix. After the events of the past 18 months, with some fans questioning the  relationship between the Society Board and the Club Board, I'd like to see a recalibration of that connection. More transparency and independence is vital and is most definitely required. By that I don't mean a detailed blow by blow account of daily details being fed to members. Some candidates did pick up on this.

Society members, and I include myself in this too, need to step up, become more involved and hold elected members to account as they do represent rank and file fans. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

A mixture of existing experienced members and fresh blood. Ostensibly, a good mix. After the events of the past 18 months, with some fans questioning the  relationship between the Society Board and the Club Board, I'd like to see a recalibration of that connection. More transparency and independence is vital and is most definitely required. By that I don't mean a detailed blow by blow account of daily details being fed to members. Some candidates did pick up on this.

Society members, and I include myself in this too, need to step up, become more involved and hold elected members to account as they do represent rank and file fans. 

Hoping that the ideas suggested by those who applied are taken on as there were excellent suggestions made by all.
We also need the Nashville guy promoting Motherwell in the USA! 😂

9 hours ago, Tartan_Special said:

Hoping that the ideas suggested by those who applied are taken on as there were excellent suggestions made by all.
We also need the Nashville guy promoting Motherwell in the USA! 😂

I do a bit of that myself. My boss now knows what colours we play in and one of my Mexican colleagues (based in Colorado) often asks about our results. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 10/17/2023 at 7:59 PM, wellfan said:

I agree. The more we moan should directly correlate with our monthly direct debits. Agreed? 

I strongly disagree with this, although I appreciate the sentiment. 

In my opinion, our monthly direct debit should directly correlate with how well we individually feel we are being represented and essentially how well the Society are carrying out the role we believe they should be. That’s why I’ve not financially contributed anything in quite some time. I am hoping this changes when the new board members impact is felt though. 

6 hours ago, Frazzie said:

I strongly disagree with this, although I appreciate the sentiment. 

In my opinion, our monthly direct debit should directly correlate with how well we individually feel we are being represented and essentially how well the Society are carrying out the role we believe they should be. That’s why I’ve not financially contributed anything in quite some time. I am hoping this changes when the new board members impact is felt though. 

Fair enough.

Did you vote in the recent elections and have you informed the Society of the reasons for your dissatisfaction?

11 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Fair enough.

Did you vote in the recent elections and have you informed the Society of the reasons for your dissatisfaction?

I did vote, and I’ll have to give a woolly answer to your second question.

I’ve engaged with the ‘Well Society a number of times, occasionally voicing dissatisfaction at the club rather than them, and other times simply asking questions. I’m very aware that the people involved in the ‘Well Society are volunteers so slaughtering from the sidelines doesn’t seem fair. 

Going back to the original point, I stopped putting money in because they don’t spend it the way I would. However, I absolutely acknowledge that doesn’t mean they’re doing anything they shouldn’t be- if the majority of members are happy with how they’re spending the cash then they can continue to contribute as a reflection of that. They’re there to represent the entire membership, not just me, and I’m more than happy with that. If the majority of the membership think the way I do (god forbid!) then that should be reflected in the subscriptions and I’m sure that would be addressed.