St Johnstone v Motherwell 07/11/2023

SteelmaninOZ

On 11/8/2023 at 4:39 PM, Spiderpig said:

What unfair advantage did Wilkinson get though? Did the ball trajectory after  hitting his hand especially that close to him behave any differently to it hitting his chest or any other part of him especially as he knew nothing about it for me its no different.

The rule is shite to start with and when it's forensically examined by VAR it gets ridiculous.

Unless the hand/arm contact changes the ball trajectory and gives the player an advantage as a result ie if the hand is not in a normal position then goals like that last night should stand.

The current handball rules are a feckin shambles.

Seriously ??? Although a slight hit on his arm it took enough of it to settle the ball perfectly for his ultimate finish and goal, had his arm not interfered with the flight of the ball it wouldnt have dropped perfectly for him to hit. I'm not defending the rule but I'm astonished that people cant see the trajectory of the ball was changed even slightly but was enough to set it up perfectly for his goal.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MJC said:

I know as much as I need to know on this subject thank you very much. I’ve got eyes and ears and I can see and hear things for myself. I have absolutely no interest in developing any further ‘understanding’ of this particular subject either. I go to the football to support my team and my club, I don’t want that ruined or my safety jeopardised by the actions of people who can’t behave.

Parochial. Very.

Saying that as if others don’t go to the football to support their team and the club. Just from experience, never had that ruined or safety jeopardised by the actions of people who don’t conform.

Had a few by the actions of those supposedly charged with our safety, but, them’s the breaks. Don’t get me started on the family group who sat behind us versus Ross County a few weeks back…

2 hours ago, Coatsy said:

Just listened to Levins post match interview, could he be less inspiring if he tried he'll see them relegated no doubt

https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=357805340092280

Thought it was a fair assessment. Funny him saying that the turning point was when Bair came on.