2023/24 Scottish Cup

MJC

2 hours ago, weeyin said:

Airdrie were wiped out of existence in 2002. 

In their current guise they are a renamed Clydebank that has basically nothing to do with our original local competition. 

I appreciate others might feel different about it, but for me newBankies don't even register as a rival. 

Still want to knock them out I work with a few of their supporters nice guys but got some pelters a couple years back so would be nice to have some bragging rights selfishly. 

31 minutes ago, Throughthelaces said:

Still want to knock them out I work with a few of their supporters nice guys but got some pelters a couple years back so would be nice to have some bragging rights selfishly. 

Nah no need for bragging rights its a local Derby that's never existed for nearly 40 years, theve never been good enough to be in the same league as us, same applies to Albion rovers and I suspect that now Accies are lingering in league 1 it will be a good few years before we play them,  barring a cup draw etc. So we are still the pride of Lanarkshire with no local competition.

• Like 3