Motherwell Supporters Trust Open Letter

Frazzie

To be fair, it's also the only SPL game live on TV, so it damn well should be the cheapest. I actually think that in the standard ticket price list, where it shows £x for category A, £y for category B, etc should state that games outside category A which are live on TV are subject to a 50% discount.

Frazzle

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should take it upon ourselves to bombared phone ins, etc with this scandal to give Killie as much bad publicity as we can - cause it is unbelievable!!

Even with given out 3,500 tickets - to what will probably 3,500 OF fans who won't use them - there will not be a big crowd on Saturday and I predict around 2,00 kille fans, 200 Well fans and 3,000 pikey OF fans riding the freebie which will result in a shite atmosphere!

I'm really pissed off bought the way Killie have acted here and I hope our club take note for the next time they come visiting to The 'Ark - if that ever happens, cause once we beat them on Saturday the only way is down for them!

Good luck charging that to away fans in the first divinsion next year!!

All the clubs outwith the Old Firm really need to get their act together, Us (obviously) included.

It's like turkeys voting for Christmas! They won't be happy till the game's deid.

They need to get together as soon as and get pricing / reciprocal agreements sorted out. Deals for reduced admission prices for away season ticket holders etc. I mean IMO I think its better that there's a decent away support in - charge their ST holders a £10 and let our ST holders get in for the same amount.

Even for the non ST holders - If yer a well fan who turns up to see Well v Killie at Fir Park - You get a voucher that lets you in to the corresponding fixture down there for a tenner.

that type of thing!

Is it that difficult to come up with SOMETHING??

We should take it upon ourselves to bombared phone ins, etc with this scandal to give Killie as much bad publicity as we can - cause it is unbelievable!!

Even with given out 3,500 tickets - to what will probably 3,500 OF fans who won't use them - there will not be a big crowd on Saturday and I predict around 2,00 kille fans, 200 Well fans and 3,000 pikey OF fans riding the freebie which will result in a shite atmosphere!

I'm really pissed off bought the way Killie have acted here and I hope our club take note for the next time they come visiting to The 'Ark - if that ever happens, cause once we beat them on Saturday the only way is down for them!

Good luck charging that to away fans in the first divinsion next year!!

Thats a bit OTT WUFI.

Killie had the opportunity to (attempt to) get a crowd in and they've chosen not to take it.

It's not a scandal - they're only the same as all the rest - including us.

Thats a bit OTT WUFI.

Killie had the opportunity to (attempt to) get a crowd in and they've chosen not to take it.

It's not a scandal - they're only the same as all the rest - including us.

It's not about the reduced gate...

It's the fact they are charging away fans more than their own fans!!

She has replied outlining that the prices for Saturday are the cheapest of all SPL games.

Doesn't look good folks , sorry!

Its not you who has to say sorry Andy. Well done for trying and I appreciate the honesty and transparancy in what you done. Only thing you were guilty of was raising expectations. Hard one for the trust. Come out and be open about it but leave yourself open to raising expectations or keep quiet and do things in the background until an announce is made which means the Trust get little credit.

As for anyone thinking of kicking up a stink to radio and press - do you honestly think you'll be listened to? Up until a few years ago we had the moral high ground with the cheapest prices which weren't being reciprocated. Moral high ground gets you jack shit though. Our club annoyed a lot of other clubs and fans by sucking up to the Filth and in turn we've backtracked and shat on them. Very few folk if at all are gonna listen to our complaints of being treated like mugs.

Boycotting Rugby Park ain't gonna be noticed because of the allowances of the game being on TV. If you enter the cheap home end leaves you wide open to be ejected from the ground unless you sit there in silence with no club colours on. As much as folk hate it the choice is the same as it was yesterday - pay the cash or watch it on TV.

As for anyone thinking of kicking up a stink to radio and press - do you honestly think you'll be listened to?
If only there was a 'Well fan who wrote for the press; then you might be listened to. Some 'devine' intervention is called for.

I'd step back a wee shade lads - prior to the press onslaught.

1 stand is a family stand with adults bringing kids - £15 Adult - £10 and £5 Kids

The other three stands are exactly the same £20 Adult, £14 Concessions, £5 U12

Granted they should be offering the same family deals to well fans.

But for general admission they're charging their own punters the same.

Clicketydoodah!

Maybe I am misinterpreting this......

So 2 x Motherwell adults and 1 x 15 year old all going to the match as a family would pay £54, yet 2 x Killie adults and 1 x 15 year old all going to the match as a family would pay £35. Only difference is what end of the park you're at.....

Good point. This struck me as being odd also. I still think this is tantamount to differential pricing for the same product.

The prices for the Main Stand, East Stand and Chadwick Stand are the same yet only the latter has an "end on" view? The prices might be the same but the facilities certainly aren't.

Clubs should be encouraging armchair fans to attend live matches and this will not help.

If they're saying that the Moffat Stand is a family stand then it should have been advertised as such. You can't tell people the prices without stating this then when someone points it out say "that's a family stand, we just weren't telling anyone." before running off to edit your website.

If only there was a 'Well fan who wrote for the press; then you might be listened to. Some 'devine' intervention is called for.

Get down to the newsagent tomorrow and, just for a change, look due south of the stuff on the top shelf... :whistling:

Would that be the Daily Record by any chance? :evilgrin: