Motherwell v Ross County - 06/02/24

MJC

Brilliant performance tonight, 5 nil and to be honest 7 or 8 would not have flattered us, we pumped them, Bair was outstanding and our 4th goal was a thing of beauty,  goal of the season contender.

Great to see Vale getting a debut goal, he looks quick, there's work to be done but we can maybe start looking upwards a bit now.

11 minutes ago, smiddy said:

aw hen you were obviously greetin cause yir nose n eyes were still sore, no cause you thought we were 2 nil down, as we usually were,   a just hope yir no greetin on friday night, cause a win then and we will win the scottish then pip hertz for 3rd ( just left it to late for 2nd )🤣

I was crying when we were two nil up! 😂 That's just me. You know how it is ... The rollercoaster 😂

33 minutes ago, mfc said:

I had my heart set on a one nil shitfest so for us to score 5 good goals,keep a clean sheet and really step up in our biggest game of the season I feel pure cheated 😂.in all seriousness that was a great night's work,it's been a while since ive felt like that walking out of fir park,some of our play was a joy at times.i didnt want halliday but on that showing I was wrong,you can tell hes an experienced player just by the position he takes up,spittal was outstanding,his first goal was quality with the build up included but his second was something else and the through ball for vale was a thing of beauty.we have a tricky game on friday but we couldn't have been going into it with anymore confidence after that so bring it on.

I actually knew we were going to pump them. I just didn't want to believe it. 

I had a feeling that was coming tonight. The performances have been building towards that result tonight.

I have to say, I have been really impressed with the way Kettlewell has managed his way through this last 6 months. The low point was definitely RC away but that apart we were never being completely overrun by teams and since that low point there has been a very steady, almost methodical, incremental improvement week by week that built up to the performance this evening.

He has spotted a player in Theo Bair and has managed him really well despite the pressure the team has been under.

Delighted for Spittal tonight. Really honest, capable player who has clearly suffered from the teams loss of form. 

It has been a long, hard Autumn/ Winter but I really believe this team have turned a corner.

4th place anyone?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, star sail said:

I had a feeling that was coming tonight. The performances have been building towards that result tonight.

I have to say, I have been really impressed with the way Kettlewell has managed his way through this last 6 months. The low point was definitely RC away but that apart we were never being completely overrun by teams and since that low point there has been a very steady, almost methodical, incremental improvement week by week that built up to the performance this evening.

He has spotted a player in Theo Bair and has managed him really well despite the pressure the team has been under.

Delighted for Spittal tonight. Really honest, capable player who has clearly suffered from the teams loss of form. 

It has been a long, hard Autumn/ Winter but I really believe this team have turned a corner.

4th place anyone?

Spittal has always been solid for us. I feel the same about Slattery. And I'm an unashamed Kettlewell Stan this evening. I've always rated him even through the shit times 

If tonight has taught us anything, we should all cancel our Well Society subs and fund the 'Blair Spittal 5-year contract' pot instead.

I've said it before somewhere on this forum, but he's probably our most important player. 

• Like 2

Just now, wellfan said:

If tonight has taught us anything, we should all cancel our Well Society subs and fund the 'Blair Spittal 5-year contract' pot instead.

I've said it before somewhere on this forum, but he's probably our most important player. 

Just said to someone privately that my favourite player has been Slattery over the last couple of seasons but Spittal is hugely underrated. 

Pay him what he wants.. build the statue 

10 minutes ago, smiddy said:

ross county fans on P&B saying in adams after match presser he sounds as if he wont be there morra,,  cheatin basta feart tae chuck it the night cause he wont get a run up the road on the bus :) :) GIRUY DEREK

I hope they don't sack him....he is doing a great job

7 minutes ago, steelman1991 said:

Switched on to watch the highlights and its ............................some fuckin documentary about Skye WTF????

Aye.....wtf is that all about ? Was right looking forward to that !!!!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Fa cup tie went to extra time so everything delayed I think

The bird on the news said it was coming on then the announcer said it was changed to this loch pish without even an apology. 

Thank fuck I don't pay the licence fee. 

1 minute ago, wellfan said:

Special mention to Davor for running three hundred thousand miles and covering every blade of grass tonight. He's tidy and feisty and does most of the vital grunt work. 

Davor is a class act