Hearts v Motherwell 17/02/2024

SteelmaninOZ

13 minutes ago, Wee Dougie said:

Your repeated use of swearing, dilutes your opinion, hopefully the moderators will card you for your language. Reading a lot of your posts, it appears to be that you are undroppable from this forum, despite your foul language. Language Timothy!!!! 

I’m sorry if I caused any offence.

I’ll rephrase. That team is going to be defeated quite soundly today and concede several goals, in my opinion.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Wee Dougie said:

Your repeated use of swearing, dilutes your opinion, hopefully the moderators will card you for your language. Reading a lot of your posts, it appears to be that you are undroppable from this forum, despite your foul language. Language Timothy!!!! 

There are many things to disagree with MJC on. But Im pretty sure language isnt one of them. We are all football fans after all........

7 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

He's apparently being rested. Butcher suspended. 

Not having a go at you here Wellgirl, but I'd  be stunned if we are "resting" our mvp. That would be utterly mental in our current situation.

18 minutes ago, Wee Dougie said:

Calm it, Douglas. 

2 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Not having a go at you here Wellgirl, but I'd  be stunned if we are "resting" our mvp. That would be utterly mental in our current situation.

More than one person has suggested it elsewhere on social media - not that I'm saying that makes it factual but given the number of games we've played lately it could be a possibility. 

5 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Source? He probably does need a rest, but it would be nice to have him as an option from the bench. 

A few people have said it over on Motherwell Facebook - which doesn't of course make it factual - just that they observed that Butcher was suspended and that Spittal was being rested. 

6 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

There are many things to disagree with MJC on. But Im pretty sure language isnt one of them. We are all football fans after all........

So therefore you agree with his use of foul language in his post.???. He is clearly the Kelly of this forum, he swears in his post, but the administrator David, says cool it to me. Oh well FFffff it. 

1 minute ago, wellgirl said:

More than one person has suggested it elsewhere on social media - not that I'm saying that makes it factual but given the number of games we've played lately it could be a possibility. 

Not doubting the veracity.

But its still mental! 

Carrying a knock fair enough, give him more time to recover before next week. But rested?

We have a week until our next game.

Resting him midweek would make more sense.

1 minute ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Not doubting the veracity.

But its still mental! 

Carrying a knock fair enough, give him more time to recover before next week. But rested?

We have a week until our next game.

Resting him midweek would make more sense.

Something personal, possibly?

• Like 1

Just now, Wee Dougie said:

So therefore you agree with his use of foul language in his post.???. He is clearly the Kelly of this forum, he swears in his post, but the administrator David, says cool it to me. Oh well FFffff it. 

You have visited a Scottish football ground before yes?

Language is language.

If its racist, sectatian, sexist, abusive, fair enough.

What he used was just an adjective/adverb.

2 minutes ago, Wee Dougie said:

Settle down. The moderating team deals with issues on the forum. Let's just focus on the game against Hearts in half an hour.

• Like 1

Just now, bobbybingo said:

Something personal, possibly?

That would make more sense.

Given how carefully we guard personal information re our players (rightly so) that makes more sense.

Never thought about that.

Cheers!

Considering we play Celtic next week on Sunday and Livi on Wednesday I would have played him today and then rest him against Celtic prior to the Livi game. So I suppose we will find out soon why he is not playing but resting him this game doesn’t sound the best option. 

whatever it is let’s hope it’s not serious. 

1 minute ago, joewarkfanclub said:

That would make more sense.

Given how carefully we guard personal information re our players (rightly so) that makes more sense.

Never thought about that.

Cheers!

Or he's signed a P.C.A. with Hearts.....

• Haha 1

Just want to say before the game starts that I think starting Devine is a bad call, unless we intend spending a lot of time on the front foot and don't expect Hearts to attack down that flank.

Am more than happy to be wrong about it though. Will personally play one of his grandad's albums at full pelt as punishment if I am.

• Haha 1