LIvingston V Motherwell 28/02/2024

Kmcalpin

52 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Where is the best palce to park at Livingston for an evening game? The last twice I've been there at night I've parked just to the north of the stadium. Great access before the match but horrendous congestion afterwards.

Edited by Ian17
Sent in error

We always park at Geddes House, Quarrywood Court, Livingston Village, EH54 6GU, take Junction 3A on the M8 and follow signs for Livingston Village, 5-10 minute walk to the stadium, and easy access back to the M8 especially after the game with little traffic. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, StAndrew7 said:

Yup, was just about to post this.

He gave a good example of Wilkinson and another who I forget; both of these injuries were in the last 60 seconds of training and when they did their analysis, they reduced the times of the training sessions and altered them in terms of intensity and other activities to try and reduce the risk.

Slattery's injury was just a complete freak occurrence; his stud got caught and it twisted his leg the wrong way and "twang" he's done for 9 months.

Is it astro they train on at dalziel park?

13 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

I've learnt never to rely on others to help us out. We have to do it by ourselves starting with a convincing win tomorrow evening. 

Absolutely and in all honesty if we can’t beat Livingston then we deserve to be in the playoffs. We all know we will get nothing at Ibrox on Saturday and we’ll do well to get a draw at home to Aberdeen in the next fixture so tonight is vital that we take all three points.

Sadly I’ve got no faith in us whatsoever to win.

9 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Good to see St Mirren get an equaliser, only caught score about half an hour ago as Mrs Grizzly and I were at the Rick Astley gig at the Hydro (belated big birthday present for her...honest), hopefully for Livi game we wont need an ......ahem.......cry for help!! Ba boom

Nowt to do with this thread but when I heard his new stuff, I thought it was rag n bone man...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

Is it astro they train on at dalziel park?

Both; split between Dalziel Park and Ravenscraig, I believe (and based on training videos the club release). The club has taken on management and investment in two of the pitches at Dalziel Park and this has improved the surfaces there greatly (confirmed by Kettlewell at the AGM as well as with feedback from the players), I assume in an effort to provide better grass based training as well as to prevent injuries due to the parks there cutting up.

1 hour ago, StAndrew7 said:

Both; split between Dalziel Park and Ravenscraig, I believe (and based on training videos the club release). The club has taken on management and investment in two of the pitches at Dalziel Park and this has improved the surfaces there greatly (confirmed by Kettlewell at the AGM as well as with feedback from the players), I assume in an effort to provide better grass based training as well as to prevent injuries due to the parks there cutting up.

Just wondering if that could be a factor with injuries, if theyre training on astro

4 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Where is the best place to park at Livingston for an evening game? The last twice I've been there at night I've parked just to the north of the stadium. Great access before the match but horrendous congestion afterwards.

I park in the car park immediately west of the M&S in the shopping centre. It's a 10-minute walk north, crossing Almondvale Boulevard, passing through the Xcite Leisure Centre car park, then crossing the wee footbridge over the water to the stadium's southwest corner.

33 minutes ago, twistandshout1983 said:

Must must win tonight for me as I don’t expect anything on Saturday 

2 league wins from 23 tells its own story , thankfully all the draws, and other results have been going in our favour as well 

I know 2 wins in 23 league games is correct, but is there a reason why 23 is the measurement at this stage of the season rather than the 27 we've played?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

I know 2 wins in 23 league games is correct, but is there a reason why 23 is the measurement at this stage of the season rather than the 27 we've played?

5 wins in 27 isn't too pretty either. It equates to an 18.52 win % for the league season so far.

2 minutes ago, wellfan said:

5 wins in 27 isn't too pretty either. It equates to an 18.52 win % for the league season so far.

Yeah, there's no denying it, 5 wins at this stage is very poor, even if we're far from alone in struggling to pick up 3 points this season. Measuring from the St Mirren game was logical when we were on that long winless run, but it doesn't make much sense to use it as a starting point now.

15 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Good to see St Mirren get an equaliser, only caught score about half an hour ago as Mrs Grizzly and I were at the Rick Astley gig at the Hydro (belated big birthday present for her...honest), hopefully for Livi game we wont need an ......ahem.......cry for help!! Ba boom

Hopefully we are never gonna give you up and then its a beautiful life

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Yeah, there's no denying it, 5 wins at this stage is very poor, even if we're far from alone in struggling to pick up 3 points this season. Measuring from the St Mirren game was logical when we were on that long winless run, but it doesn't make much sense to use it as a starting point now.

I'm looking across the whole season now, given the winless run was halted. Therefore, it's worth noting that with 11 games remaining, we'd need to win 7 to equal our lowest games won tally (12) from the previous 5 seasons. Furthermore, and less depressing, our current tally of 11 draws is the most we've achieved in each of the past 10+ seasons, which is helping us in terms of our current league position. However, the current stats are still poor in terms of victories, but I hope we can turn it around starting tonight, and that is why I think tonight is massive in terms of setting the tone for the months ahead.

23 minutes ago, wellfan said:

I'm looking across the whole season now, given the winless run was halted. Therefore, it's worth noting that with 11 games remaining, we'd need to win 7 to equal our lowest games won tally (12) from the previous 5 seasons. Furthermore, and less depressing, our current tally of 11 draws is the most we've achieved in each of the past 10+ seasons, which is helping us in terms of our current league position. However, the current stats are still poor in terms of victories, but I hope we can turn it around starting tonight, and that is why I think tonight is massive in terms of setting the tone for the months ahead.

40 points is a good marker to avoid 11th historically, sometimes quite a bit less points was enough, 14 points needed from 11 games.....

5 minutes ago, Fergie79 said:

40 points is a good marker to avoid 11th historically, sometimes quite a bit less points was enough, 14 points needed from 11 games.....

Our current form is about 1 point per game, so it's not looking too rosy right now. 

Hopefully we can do the business tonight as the amount of negativity at times really can get you down.   The stats not great but one thing SK has is a team fighting for him and battling for each other.   Yep doesn't guarantee you points but it's definitely a plus sign.    COYW

51 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Aye, we need to keep turning the screw on those around us any chance we get. A win puts us 13 points ahead of Livi and if we get it, you'd struggle to see how they could pull that back at this stage, so that would be one concern dealt with.