Images Required of Fir Park & Surrounding Streets.

ECOSSE1991

You may have more luck on facebook, plenty of old town groups and people sharing their photos, old Swineburn's book will have photos too that should be copyright MFC?

There's also a photo thread pinned at the top, pretty sure any contributors could be contacted for use of their photos

I'll see what I can dig out. No doubt quite a few posters will be familiar with Tom Johnstone's 1938 book entitled "Motherwell Memories". Some good photos in that interesting book. Also, as part of the Images of Scotland series,  "Motherwell" compiled by Helen Moir published in 1999, might be of interest. 

As an aside, anyone interested in the history of coal mining in the area could do worse than check this map out 

https://mapapps2.bgs.ac.uk/coalauthority/home.html

This shows the abundance of mine entries and coal workings in the area, including Fir Park.  I suspect that many posters will have ancestors who worked in the pits in the area. The nearest recorded mine shaft lies between Dalzell Drive and the East Stand.

Another interesting historical map can be found on the National Library for Scotland website

https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/#zoom=17.6&lat=55.78179&lon=-3.98716&layers=6&b=1&o=0

This shows the nearest mines to have been around what is now Primrose Crecent (Parkhead Colliery Pit No 7); and  what is now John Murray Court (Dalzell and Broomhouse Collieries, which most of you will know as the Doctors Pit).

The line of the present day Knowetop Avenue follows what was the old mineral railway which ran between the Parkhead pit and the West Coast main line.