Dundee v Motherwell 6/4/2024

Kmcalpin

I dont think its failing either.

It could be better, and we could raise more money which would help.

But we still exist, we are still in the top league and are doing at least as well as some clubs who are spending way more than we are.

I get that all of that could change quickly and having extra investment on the right terms would be advantageous but the Well Society has served a purpose and with the right decision making can continue to do so going forward.

1 hour ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I dont think its failing either.

It could be better, and we could raise more money which would help.

But we still exist, we are still in the top league and are doing at least as well as some clubs who are spending way more than we are.

I get that all of that could change quickly and having extra investment on the right terms would be advantageous but the Well Society has served a purpose and with the right decision making can continue to do so going forward.

Absolutely. But I really do want outside investment. I think we need it. As much as I appreciate the job the well society have done I still think there hasn't been enough transparency over what's been done with the funds to date. I am sure it's been diverted to good causes. But where is the information? 

And I also see that the new board are doing good things. But... We have members of the board speaking out saying they don't want outside investment. I completely get that too

I looked at my emails today. I got one email when I joined in 2018 and then nothing till 2022.

I also absolutely appreciate that people do this in their own time for no money. 

If the well society don't want outside investment.. Then they need to look at raising a lot of money to inject into our club 

How do they do this? I need to be honest here. The they are doing better now after the length of time they've been going really isn't good enough

They've had people giving them money when they've had very little and if they really want to make a solid case for fan investment they really need to get a move on 

11 hours ago, wellgirl said:

Absolutely. But I really do want outside investment. I think we need it. As much as I appreciate the job the well society have done I still think there hasn't been enough transparency over what's been done with the funds to date. I am sure it's been diverted to good causes. But where is the information? 

And I also see that the new board are doing good things. But... We have members of the board speaking out saying they don't want outside investment. I completely get that too

I looked at my emails today. I got one email when I joined in 2018 and then nothing till 2022.

I also absolutely appreciate that people do this in their own time for no money. 

If the well society don't want outside investment.. Then they need to look at raising a lot of money to inject into our club 

How do they do this? I need to be honest here. The they are doing better now after the length of time they've been going really isn't good enough

They've had people giving them money when they've had very little and if they really want to make a solid case for fan investment they really need to get a move on 

I agree that outside investment would be helpful. But it has to be on the right terms.

Some of the figures being quoted, if true, are just derisory.

£1.5m for controlling share of the club should be shown the door.

If we are honestly looking at that just sell Lennon Miller now and move on.

We make more money and still have control of the club.

Everyone on the Well Society Board will have their own views, but I dont think Ive heard any of them say they didnt want any investment under any circumstances.

I have heard some say that they wouldnt want investment that meant giving away control of the club. But given that the Society exists for that purpose I wouldnt expect any different. The new Society Board have only been in place a short time so, happy to be patient with them. However, they are now under a little bit of pressure to deliver the improvements required given the ongoing investment talks.

Re that investment, if we are talking £1.5m for 20% of the club with the Society retaining 51% then I think thats closer to where we should be valuing ourselves, albeit I think thats still a little on the low side.

Id be more relaxed about the % split on player trading if thats where the investors think they can make their money. But that part of the deal still requires us to be getting a % that improves our current position.

Im not worried about where we are right now, I actually feel that its quite exciting as we have a real opportunity to strengthen the club for the future.

We just need to ensure that we examine the details closely and make the right decisions.

55 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Re that investment, if we are talking £1.5m for 20% of the club with the Society retaining 51% then I think thats closer to where we should be valuing ourselves, albeit I think thats still a little on the low side.

Giving up transfer income would be crazy unless we are getting some kind of transformative investment on the playing side.

It would just be giving away an income stream for nothing in return. Apart from having some glamour due to be in the entertainment industry I don't understand why are meant to be impressed by this guy. He's never been involved in professional sport before nevermind football, has never lived in Scotland and doesn't seem to be that wealthy.

All that seems to have happened is that he's discovered a bunch of mugs who might give him millions of pounds worth of assets at a huge discount.

13 hours ago, wellgirl said:

Give them a call and see if you could help òut in some way,  not with money but free time . If more people done that it would help a lot . Instead of leaving it to a few people to do the lot

10 hours ago, steelboy said:

Giving up transfer income would be crazy unless we are getting some kind of transformative investment on the playing side.

It would just be giving away an income stream for nothing in return. 

I addressed that in my next paragraph which you cut.

Im not sure what your agenda is here, but no one Ive seen is saying we should roll over and get our tummy tickled. Far from it.

But you seem to have already decided that this guy cant be trusted and should be chased.

Do you have some knowledge or information that the rest of us dont?

Just now, joewarkfanclub said:

I addressed that in my next paragraph which you cut.

Im not sure what your agenda is here, but no one Ive seen is saying we should roll over and get our tummy tickled. Far from it.

But you seem to have already decided that this guy cant be trusted and should be chased.

Do you have some knowledge or information that the rest of us dont?

Apparently yes. From people who "know" things according to other posts. 

My view is that no one is in a position to make a decision on what way they would vote right now as none of us has any detail of what the deal is.

Once that is known, if as Steelboy claims, it doesnt value MFC appropriately AND doesnt provide us with a platform to increase our revenue streams, then I would be voting against.

If they want a controlling share of the club the offer, for me, would have to be "transformational" for us as a club to be entertained. I dont see these guys as having that sort of money, but lets wait and see.

• Like 1