Dundee v Motherwell 6/4/2024

Kmcalpin

23 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

We're in a position where 1-2  wins will likely see us safe.

The youngsters/squad players who we have a chance of being first team regulars we need to start giving them game time. 

Players we know are leaving start reducing their game time.

One or two wins might be hard to find, given the way this season and this league has gone. I'm struggling to think which squad players and youngsters you think are capable of coming in at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobbybingo said:

One or two wins might be hard to find, given the way this season and this league has gone. I'm struggling to think which squad players and youngsters you think are capable of coming in at this point.

In the unlikely scenario of us making the top 6 then we're safe from relegation thats when we can bring in some of the Academy players. 

However as we are more likely to finish bottom 6, then there's work to do but given the teams we'll be playing I dont think it will be an issue to get 1 or 2 wins, so there will still be ample opportunities to bring in the academy players if SK thinks they are ready.

3 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

In the unlikely scenario of us making the top 6 then we're safe from relegation thats when we can bring in some of the Academy players. 

However as we are more likely to finish bottom 6, then there's work to do but given the teams we'll be playing I dont think it will be an issue to get 1 or 2 wins, so there will still be ample opportunities to bring in the academy players if SK thinks they are ready.

Once we're safe, I'd be happy to see some youngsters given a run out, though we haven't seen any evidence Kettlewell thinks they're ready.

Looking at Saturday's bench, once you go beyond Nicholson and Moses I don't see anyone else who would benefit from game time. He's seen enough of Mugabi and Blaney to know what they offer, Miller will be playing when he's fit, Shaws a goner, and Oxborough and Butcher must surely be following him out the door. 

1 minute ago, wellsince75 said:

Was thinking likes of Callan Elliot, Nicholson, Moses should all get some game time.  Hopefully Adam Montgomery recovers and gets a few games. 

Young Ross , Ferrie + Wells are the younger ones who've been in and around the squad. 

I'd completley forgotten about Callan Elliott. Agree that Nicholson should be given some more game time.

51 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Luca Ross would seem to be top of the Academy list.  After him - Ewan Wilson?

Wilson seems to be doing well at Beith Juniors. He got man of the match against Auchinleck on Saturday.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Wilson seems to be doing well at Beith Juniors. He got man of the match against Auchinleck on Saturday.

Mate was down at the game (Auchinleck fan) and said he was head and shoulders above anyone else on the park. Far too good for that level but appreciate its the only place he could go out on loan.

Hopefully he pushes on to at least be a regular on our bench next season or even a starter 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, santheman said:

Mate was down at the game (Auchinleck fan) and said he was head and shoulders above anyone else on the park. Far too good for that level but appreciate its the only place he could go out on loan.

Hopefully he pushes on to at least be a regular on our bench next season or even a starter 

Yeah, read a good few Beith fans saying he sticks out a mile. Be great to see him get a chance - looks like his contract's up in May, though.

38 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Yeah, read a good few Beith fans saying he sticks out a mile. Be great to see him get a chance - looks like his contract's up in May, though.

I'd like to think he'll be one that Kettlewell wants to keep but wouldn't be surprised if he's on the radar of some of the lower league teams.

6 minutes ago, santheman said:

I'd like to think he'll be one that Kettlewell wants to keep but wouldn't be surprised if he's on the radar of some of the lower league teams.

Hopefully, the fact Kettlewell didn't leave him sitting on the bench at Stirling or here and chose to get him some game time means he has plans for him.

On 4/1/2024 at 9:21 AM, wellsince75 said:

We're in a position where 1-2  wins will likely see us safe.

The youngsters/squad players who we have a chance of being first team regulars we need to start giving them game time. 

Players we know are leaving start reducing their game time.

Sorry but youngsters isnt the answer at all.......Until we are safe.

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Given the state of Dundee's pitch and this week's weather forecast, there must be doubts over the game going ahead. 

Either play it elsewhere or award the visiting team 3 points. 

Hopefully the game is on, the park cuts up and we get stuck right into them. Can't beat a game on a right good muddy pitch. On the goalkeeper situation, I think it's fair to say that due to the Euros and the appearance money it would give the club, that if Kelly had been dropped when he should have, he wouldn't have made any squads and that revenue would be lost. In saying that on form, I think he will miss out, as the national papers are on a Craig Gordon love in. 

53 minutes ago, wellfan said:

Check the forecast for Dundee and, like me, you'll be convinced that this game will be called off. 

Dundee forums saying there's a cat in hells chance of it being on.

Ground is already saturated and standing water all over and more rain forecast for the rest of the week.

I guessed that might be the case when I saw the forecast at the beginning of the week. I hope they do the decent thing and call it off on Friday rather than wait until people start travelling.

4 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I guessed that might be the case when I saw the forecast at the beginning of the week. I hope they do the decent thing and call it off on Friday rather than wait until people start travelling.

The fans are the last thing they care about.

47 minutes ago, weeyin said:

It'll be called off after the second pitch inspection at 2.30 pm. 

56 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Last thing we need is another break.