Team Spirit

grizzlyg

Evening Folks 

Has definitely been a season full of up's and downs yet we still have a chance of Top 6 which is incredible.  We are surely safe now as Ross Co would need to win 3 and draw 1 of last 6 games and us to get hee haw points.

However in my opinion one thing that can't be disputed is the togetherness and close knit squad we have.  You just need to look at the celebrations for the goals.  From experienced pros like SOD, McGinn, Kelly.....to new signings Davor....Bair and Halliday to the loanees Gent and Vale and of course the other lads.

They obviously like playing for Kettlewell and even when we were on a terrible run there certainly wasn't disharmony ( cue that Ross Co side we pumped 5-0)

The interaction with fans and their genuine affection for the club is great to see.

Let's get a big support on Saturday and give them all the encouragement we can. Yes it's still a big ask to reach top 6 but if anyone had offered you that in mid January you would have thought they were bonkers 

COYW

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Totally agree

A lot can be argued about how good or not they are as individual players or indeed how tactically aware (or not) the manager is but they certainly do try which is all we can ask!!!!!!!

COYW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

Absolutely.

You can cast many accusations at Kettlewell and the squad, but not being together isnt one of them.

The manager has his faults for sure. He wouldnt be at Motherwell if he didnt. But he has created a strong dressing room and that is there for all to see. 

We may not have won as many games this season as we would have liked, but the number of points we have picked up from losing positions has been quite impressive.

I think the manager and the team deserve one last push from us to help them over the line.

• Thanks 1

That was the main reason I didn't think SK should be punted during our bad spell.

The players obviously wanted to play for him and each other. That is always the best chance you have of turning things around.

When a manager loses the dressing room, or when players start infighting, then it's pretty much over.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, wunderwell said:

I'd cheer the team spirit of GrizzlyG

Always positive throughout the season and I hope the team give him the just rewards on Saturday.

Terrible stand up comedian though....

Thank you for the very kind words,  as for the last sentence.......I agree 100%!!  😜😜😜

• Haha 1

All I saw on here earlier in the season was that Bair and just about everyone else was shite and that Kettlewell should go. Not in disagreement but shame it's taken this long to realise what a good team and manager we actually have. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Evening Folks 

Has definitely been a season full of up's and downs yet we still have a chance of Top 6 which is incredible.  We are surely safe now as Ross Co would need to win 3 and draw 1 of last 6 games and us to get hee haw points.

However in my opinion one thing that can't be disputed is the togetherness and close knit squad we have.  You just need to look at the celebrations for the goals.  From experienced pros like SOD, McGinn, Kelly.....to new signings Davor....Bair and Halliday to the loanees Gent and Vale and of course the other lads.

They obviously like playing for Kettlewell and even when we were on a terrible run there certainly wasn't disharmony ( cue that Ross Co side we pumped 5-0)

The interaction with fans and their genuine affection for the club is great to see.

Let's get a big support on Saturday and give them all the encouragement we can. Yes it's still a big ask to reach top 6 but if anyone had offered you that in mid January you would have thought they were bonkers 

COYW

Cheers pal that’s the spirit 🥃

COYW

• Thanks 1

I've been a critic of SK in  the past, but credit to him, he's turned things around. As others have said, whatever his faults he seems to be a good man manager and never lost the dressing room at any point.

He's being seriously tested just now though. There will be a number of players he wants to release in a few months but he has to keep them onside for teh time being.

11 hours ago, wellgirl said:

All I saw on here earlier in the season was that Bair and just about everyone else was shite and that Kettlewell should go. Not in disagreement but shame it's taken this long to realise what a good team and manager we actually have. 

Not sure thats fair.

There are always some posters who are entirely negative, but there were enough of us who tried to keep things positive.

Most just post in respect of how they are feeling at that particular time and 15 games without a win seemed like a very long time.

Personally, I dont think we have a good team. But its a lot better than some gave it credit for.

Similarly with Kettlewell.

Id call both a work in progress.

I think most reasonable fans now agree.