Vote for the Goal of the season

SteelmaninOZ

1 hour ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

The Slattery goal would be my pick.  It's the type of goal a real top side like Manchester City or Real Madrid would score.  

Didn't Spittal score a peach of a free kick this season?  Or was that last season? 

Last minute v Alloa I think.

2 hours ago, steelman1991 said:

And the winner was

Blaney v Hibs 🤷‍♂️

I know people tend to have stronger memories about things that happened most recently, but I can only guess Blaney's family run a bot farm. 

I wasn't convinced that should even have been top 5. 

3 minutes ago, weeyin said:

I know people tend to have stronger memories about things that happened most recently, but I can only guess Blaney's family run a bot farm. 

It was a good goal in my view but I'm amazed that that one won. All of Spittals goals were excellent and so were some of the others listed. 

4 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Yes must admit, for me, it was a strange choice. Think one or 2 in attnedance agreed. 

Spittal not getting any of the fan awards reflects poorly on our support who are clearly more pissed off about him signing a pre contract with Hearts than thankful for the 2 years sterling service he has given us. He has been our player of the season by a distance and capped off by some incredible goals. His free kick against Alloa didnt even make the shortlist.

Good to see he got the Players Player of the year and the Coaches. Speaks volumes.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Spittal not getting any of the fan awards reflects poorly on our support who are clearly more pissed off about him signing a pre contract with Hearts than thankful for the 2 years sterling service he has given us. He has been our player of the season by a distance and capped off by some incredible goals. His free kick against Alloa didnt even make the shortlist.

Good to see he got the Players Player of the year and the Coaches. Speaks volumes.

I voted Theo but it was a close one. I also voted for Slatterys goal but that doesn't take away the fact that Spittal has had a very decent season.

Tbh. The goal of the season going to Blaney was an odd one anyway. I think it's ok to be pissed off that he's leaving as long as it doesn't spill over to the stuff that happened on Saturday - him getting dogs abuse. I'm very sorry he's leaving even though I didn't vote for him. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I have mixed feelings about this. I get why he would pick up awards and have no problem with that. However, I personally think that the POTY award should involve more than just on the field performance.  Weighting maybe 90% on the field performance and 10% other factors. If there are other close contenders then who are staying? His performances have tailed off since his PCA was made public, as a few posters have commented.  Surely he had some say in the release of the news?  Players and coaches have a different perspective to ordinary fans. In the past a few fans' favourites have been "disliked" in the dressing room.

Slattery's goal was my favourite, and the one I voted for. I totally get Theo winning fans POTY because everyone loves a redemption story. I suspect a few people didn't vote for Spittal because he's off to the Jambos.

He was my pick for POTY and I think SK has really got the best out of him, but I have no problems with the Bair winning the fans award.

5 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I have mixed feelings about this. I get why he would pick up awards and have no problem with that. However, I personally think that the POTY award should involve more than just on the field performance.  Weighting maybe 90% on the field performance and 10% other factors. If there are other close contenders then who are staying? His performances have tailed off since his PCA was made public, as a few posters have commented.  Surely he had some say in the release of the news? It Players and coaches have a different perspectives to ordinary fans. In the past a few fans' favourites have been "disliked" in the dressing room.

Id be surprised if Spittal had anything to do with the release of the news tbh. I'd think it was more likely to be Hearts or his agent. His performances have tailed off but I think that's pretty normal - there's always going to be a bit of feeling unsettled when you know you are going - I thought he was decent on Saturday and I genuinely wish him all the best. 

3 minutes ago, wellgirl said:

Id be surprised if Spittal had anything to do with the release of the news tbh. I'd think it was more likely to be Hearts or his agent. His performances have tailed off but I think that's pretty normal - there's always going to be a bit of feeling unsettled when you know you are going - I thought he was decent on Saturday and I genuinely wish him all the best. 

Hearts would have a major say of course but surely his agent wouldn't release or agree to such an approach without consulting him? If he or she did then that a really poor show.

58 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I have mixed feelings about this. I get why he would pick up awards and have no problem with that. However, I personally think that the POTY award should involve more than just on the field performance.  Weighting maybe 90% on the field performance and 10% other factors. If there are other close contenders then who are staying? His performances have tailed off since his PCA was made public, as a few posters have commented.  Surely he had some say in the release of the news?  Players and coaches have a different perspective to ordinary fans. In the past a few fans' favourites have been "disliked" in the dressing room.

I agree that factors other than actual performance can come into things when voting for player of the year, but there is no suggestion Spittal has been a bad egg in the dressing room. In fact, as well as being comfortably our best performer over the piece, he has shown leadership qualities when he was quite frankly dragging us through some games, and seems well liked and respected by the other players and management. I dont get any feeling that he wasnt liked by the fans either up to the point the PCA was disclosed and some threw the toys out the pram.

Happy to accept that Slatterys goal (best team move) or Bairs dink (outrageuous and unexpected piece of skill) are worthy contenders fo best goal, but POTY should have been a shoe in (imho).

Anyway, Feed the Bair. He still has plenty of room to develop as a player, but his goals and performances have been as welcome as they were unexpected!

Rabbi Matondo won the PFA goal of the season, plenty of other goals were more worthy of that award. Spittals and Nicholsons are far superior to it. I think it was the same last year when a Celtic player won it but it was a poor choice.