How I Became A Well Fan

Well Up For It!

How I Became A Well Fan  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Are you from a Well supporting background?

• Nope - fans of another team
    • Aye
  2. 2. If no - what team does your family support?

• Rangers
    • Celtic
    • Other SPL
    • Other non-SPL

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My grandpa's best mate Archie Shaw played for the club many moons ago. He use to love my school uniform as it was claret and amber. When i started to get into football i was brought up to support local and the 'well stuck out

i was brought up in larkhall so had to support rangers

when i finally started getting into footy i decided celtic was for me lol much to my familys horror

but after going to nancy i am now well through & through been to every match since & hope to go to every match in the future

My grandfather, father and uncles were all 'Well supporters. My grandfather saw them with the League and my dad and uncles the League Cup and Scottish Cup. It was in the blood as they say. Going to school at Knowetop and being so close to FP only made the heart grow fonder. Best years for me were the 70's when we were in the Texaco Cup - magic nights, looking forward all day at school in anticipation, walking up to the ground, seeing the floodlights, smelling the wintergreen, huge crowds and, strangely, the expectation that we would win.

I remember one sneaking out of school early, to get into FP (the gates were open) to see the last 15 minutes of a Scottish Cup replay against Ayr Utd - played midweek with afternoon ko due to power cuts caused by miners strike - which we won and in front of a crowd of 12,000!!

Eventually "kept up the bloodline" when we won the Cup in 1991. :D

My grandpa's best mate Archie Shaw played for the club many moons ago. He use to love my school uniform as it was claret and amber. When i started to get into football i was brought up to support local and the 'well stuck out

My mother had a major crush on Archie Shaw............she used to tell me that had things worked out Archie Shaw would've been my dad!!!!! :P:P ( I must admit to thinking that would've been preferable to having the Jambo one I had :thumbup: )

Standard story from me :thumbup: . Born and Bred Lutonian (but still a proud Scotsman!!!), who started following 'Well when I was about 7 after I noticed my namesake Bobby Russell in my first panini album (86/87 I think) that my old man bought for me. He is an Inverkeithing-born Jambo and my brother is a Pars fan. My first game was when the 'Well came down here to play Baldock Town and even though we had the likes of Coyne and Van der Gaag playing, I remember we made quite a meal out of it in the first half.