Free Travel

Kylie

We have done it in the past. When we were fighting for promotion out of division one, the club ran free buses to a few of the away games. Morton springs to mind, but I think there were others.

I always mind the club ran a free bus to Love Street and it was also free to get in that day too plus it was a sunny day, i think it might have finished 0-0 right enough. They used to run buses to all away games with the occasional freebie, wish they would bring back the buses that left from Fir Park.

I always mind the club ran a free bus to Love Street and it was also free to get in that day too plus it was a sunny day, i think it might have finished 0-0 right enough. They used to run buses to all away games with the occasional freebie, wish they would bring back the buses that left from Fir Park.

There were a couple of games that free buses were run, that lead to the formation of the Edenvale Travel Club. The support at away games certainly increased initially after that.

I remember they ran buses to Tannadice and one of the old double deckers broke down and our bus stopped to pick up the passengers. Being on the top deck of a double capacity double decker going over that high bridge at Perth was not a pleasant experience! I'm normally ok with heights but it definitely felt as though that bus was swaying.

It may not have been free, but it was certainly heavily subsidised. I do remember a fleet of about 20 free buses going to Morton and there were other free trips as well.

I remember they ran buses to Tannadice and one of the old double deckers broke down and our bus stopped to pick up the passengers. Being on the top deck of a double capacity double decker going over that high bridge at Perth was not a pleasant experience! I'm normally ok with heights but it definitely felt as though that bus was swaying.

I know it's the same street, was it not Dundee we were playing on a midweek night? If so, was on the top deck of the healthy bus. Scored late for a 2-1 win, our first in years and years? 88 or 89 I'm sure, one for the resident stattos?