St Mirren V Hibs

TAM

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's hoping it continues!!

I can see us making the top six with a draw on Saturday and Hibs losing to Rangers, that'd do me!

A draw is still OK irrespective what happens unless Midden win we need to beat them comprehensively which is the worrying thing for me.

As it stands goal difference is -4 canny see Hibs losing to rangers by a huge margin 1 maybe 2 goals of a difference max.

Our turgid winter may yet cost us a top 6 place.

Guest 'Flow

Mendes goes over McLean's outstretched leg, leaving his in, and hits the deck... Result, Penalty!

McGinn goes over Jones' outstretched leg, leaving his in, and his the deck... Result, no Penalty!

Frustration...

'Flow

Mendes goes over McLean's outstretched leg, leaving his in, and hits the deck... Result, Penalty!

McGinn goes over Jones' outstretched leg, leaving his in, and his the deck... Result, no Penalty!

Frustration...

'Flow

Typical Brines, Saints still pressing and IMO better side right now Hibbees almost scored an OG

Guest 'Flow

To be honest, I didn't think it was a penalty! But then, neither was Brian McLean's!

Just frustrating as you get one interpretation of the law from one referee and something different from another!

That's brought into focus quite sharply when that discrepancy could potentially cost a club like ours ALOT of money in a potential top-six slot!

'Flow

End of the day Hibs and us have proven to be midtable teams this season, we fail to beat St Mirren who are 2nd bottom at home - we frankly don't deserve it. If we do that and they beat Rangers who are 2nd they do deserve it. Whatever happens from here no complaints.

On the pen, never got a clear shot on the feed I had but looked softer than the one Rangers had on Saturday (which I thought was a dive at the time and having now seen on telly would think was a pen) as to me the difference was Mendes although not touched hard to my mind has no obligation to change his path to avoid a leg that has missed the ball whereas there he just tumbled and the leg was not in his path as far as I could see but my screen was poor so reserve the right to change my mind.

Hamilton and Dargo were rank rotten at finishing tonight and it was clear that all that was good about St Mirren came from Murray and Dorman, keep they two quiet and we'll not lose. Get Hughes to impose himself on the game as well and we'll win. I'd play Fizzy to counter Murray.

Our record against St Mirren is not brilliant. I can still see Hibs getting at least a draw against Rangers which would mean we would need to beat St Mirren. The rollercoaster rolls on to Saturday.

Our record on TV is fucking worse! Lets break two bad records in one...