St Mirren V Hibs

TAM

Historically I seem to remember we win a fair percentage of 'must win' games, of course perception of 'must win' is up to the individual but from memory games like the Falkirk relegation winner takes all clash in 92 where the result did actually directly affect league standings after the game are my definition of 'must win'

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Historically I seem to remember we win a fair percentage of 'must win' games, of course perception of 'must win' is up to the individual but from memory games like the Falkirk relegation winner takes all clash in 92 where the result did actually directly affect league standings after the game are my definition of 'must win'

Aye, not to mention the Killie game where we were in the exact same position (no Craigan to give us a throw-in this time though), not to mention Aberdeen last season, we were on a rather jittery plain then while Aberdeen were the on form team. We came through that tae.

Had they lost last night then a draw might have been enough for us against St Mirren - because they drew we HAVE to win. There is no margin for error.

To get into the top 6 you have to beat teams like St Mirren. If your looking to scrape through with a draw against them then you don't deserve a place in the top 6 in my opinion.

I am absolutely bricking it for Saturday. 3 wins in 14 versus St Mirren is a hideous statistic, but if we can't beat them, then frankly we don't deserve to be there. That said, if we do beat St Mirren, but Hibs also beat Rangers, then I think the fans won't be too hard on the players for their efforts over the piece despite the obvious disapointment.

I really hope the fans and especially the players turn up on Saturday! Even although Europe may well be beyond us if we do make the top 6, I'd still much rather be involved in those games (and maybe costing one of the big two the league!) than in the bottom six games which will be difficult to get motivated for.

At Christmas, I would've bitten your hand off to even be in this position, but now that will be a difficult slant to console ourselves with should we now not at least beat St Mirren.

Obviously all eyes will be on our game, but assuming we do the business, we should be keeping an eye on Tannadice because if Killie can win there, and Celtic don't slip up, there will only be 3 points between 4th, 5th and 6th after the split, with everyone obviously having to play each other. However, if Utd take the points on saturday, six could be too much of a gap with five games to go when you consider the games against the Old Firm are write-offs.

Frazzle

Yep. If we're within 5 points of 4th spot and make the top six I will be doon the bookies putting money on us reaching Europe, as I think we have what it takes to chase them down. United are the ultimate bottlers while Aberdeen don't look too hot that the moment.

First and foremost though we need to make the top six.