Are You Planing To Renew Your Season Ticket ?

East_Stand_Al

Season ticket renewals  

154 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying a Season ticket for next season

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If we fail to make top 6 should Season Ticket prices be Frozen/Reduced fo next season

• Frozen
    • Reduced
    • Not relevant

It's with a degree of sadness that I answer no. There are no financial reasons behind my decision. I had a conversation with someone during the Aberdeen game and the phrase I used was "it's just kind of lost its appeal". My friend interrogated me as to whether it was the cost, the quality of fare on show, my obvious dislike for McGhee or even the paint on the steps (he actually asked this tongue in cheek, I assume). I could give him no reasons. Having thought about it since, I would have to say that part of me has kind of fallen out of love with the Well. Or perhaps, more accurately, I've fallen out of love with the experience of watching the Well. This alarms and saddens me as for as long as I can remember, going to Fir Park was an experience I looked forward to and enjoyed. Now? Saturday against St Mirren is being touted as a masssive game for Motherwell, but right now I could take it or leave it.

I'm kind of hoping that something will spark the flame again soon...

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been there Melvin, after the Hibs game when the stewards were told to enforce the no standing rule strictly. Told my wife that night I wouldn't be renewing the following year and had my kids in tears. They don't deserve to miss out so I carried on with it but hopefully this new thinking 'up by' will continue through to the treatment of supporters and make the experience of going to Well games an enjoyable one again instead of a them and us scenario whenever we set foot inside those turnstiles.

Been there Melvin, after the Hibs game when the stewards were told to enforce the no standing rule strictly. Told my wife that night I wouldn't be renewing the following year and had my kids in tears. They don't deserve to miss out so I carried on with it but hopefully this new thinking 'up by' will continue through to the treatment of supporters and make the experience of going to Well games an enjoyable one again instead of a them and us scenario whenever we set foot inside those turnstiles.

Therein lies the problem, big man. I've rarely felt mistreated or hard done to by the club off the field. I know others have, but it's never affected me directly. I know that sounds selfish, but that's not what's spoiling my enjoyment of the games. I don't know what is causing me to feel this way about it. If I knew that, I could talk myself out of this frame of mind. Cos, quite frankly, not bothering my arse whether I go to Fir Park or not is a scary state of mind for me to be in...

Melvin, you start this pish every year. Sort yersel' oot big man, or you'll be pushing a pram round a shopping centre on a saturday afternoon!

Speedie was the one who spotted it during the Aberdeen game when he noticed my lacklustre celebration after our goal. As for pushing a pram, you haven't seen the size of my boy recently. Trying to get him into a pram would be like trying to get an alsation into a poly bag...

Speedie was the one who spotted it during the Aberdeen game when he noticed my lacklustre celebration after our goal. As for pushing a pram, you haven't seen the size of my boy recently. Trying to get him into a pram would be like trying to get an alsation into a poly bag...

It is a nightmare, that sort of thing. That's why I only pull burds at the Megabar... :evilgrin:

Frazzle

Is yer lad old enough to take along Melvin? Might rekindle yer interest again if yer lad takes to it?

OK, reading threads like this almost makes you want to hope for three quick relegation's in a row so we can get rid of all these sadsacks! Moan, moan, fucking moan! Jesus Christ!

And I can't wait for Saturday.

Why? I don't think anybody has said anything that surprising or are even moaning!

The quality isn't great and it is becoming more common for folk to get a little fed up.

It is still a big part of my week and I will be renewing , but I do see where people are coming from.

OK, reading threads like this almost makes you want to hope for three quick relegation's in a row so we can get rid of all these sadsacks! Moan, moan, fucking moan! Jesus Christ!

And I can't wait for Saturday.

Actually if you read my other posts it is 'praise, praise, praise, moan'

And this 'sad sack' was in Inverurie on a Monday night to watch Motherwell, think I will still be around in the Third Division....

Does anyone have a breakdown of exactly how many season tickets we sold in each stand last season and a further breakdown of how many were adults, how many were concession and how many were juvenile? I have an idea i want to work on where i seriously think we could increase the season ticket base by about 40% but these figures are vital to the working of it!

I've been going to Fir Park for over half a century now and I'm already looking forward with anticipation to next season. We've had some highs and lows this year, as always, but the quality of football is better than in most years. Fortunately, I can afford to renew and quite frankly life without MFC & Fir Park would be unthinkable for me.

At times when the team is playing badly its dispiriting but its uplifting to know that a fair few folk on these Boards, although not all, will go along irrespctive of how badly we play. Give me MFC any day as opposed to OF or Premiership gloryhunters.

Without doubt I will be renewing for season 2009-2010.

There could be a case made for a reduction in prices.

Mainly down the amount of games that are Setanta nowadays and also the inititives like a £5 to get in for the St. Mirren game.

So never mind the recession if the club don't sort out these issues it would be an easy decision for anyone feeling the pinch to not invest in the club by buying their usual seat.

The Foghorn will be back next season annoying all in front as usual. Our tickets are still VFM when compared to other clubs of similar size, it's the product that is not. Pound for pound there are many other forms of entertainment which beat football, but we come back because it's in our heart and for me it's the perfect release after a hard week at work.

Mon the Well

Will wait and see. This season has been a bit disappointing, but not entirely unexpected to be a bit flatter than the one previous. Failing to capitalise on last seasons heroics by starting this season whith the smallest squad in living memory got me worried before a ball was even kicked. That said, the run we have went on in 2009 has been very impressive. Just lacking that wee bit of quality to turn umpteen draws into a win. I think we've only scored more than two goals on two ocassions this season? (4-0 at Tannadice and 3-2 v Falkirk?) which is a bit worrying and yet have never lost when we have scored 2 goals!? So by being a bit more clinical in front of goal we'd be home and dry for the top 6 and right in there for Europe as well!!

My final decision on whether I renew or not will be based on who goes in the summer, and more importantly, who is brought in to replace them and to further strengthen. If EVERYONE stays ie Hughes, Buzz, Klimpl etc....we still need 3 players on top of that in my opinion. If they go, we will need 5 or 6 in total I think. Anything less than that and we will stnad still at best. Obviously would be great to kep McGhee as well but for me he has yet to really prove himself in the transfer market thus far.

Even if I don't buy one, I will no doubt make my way to almost every game home and away once again anyway.