Club News - Direct From Fir Park

Leeann Dempster

As much as I am disappointed by the complete lack of a mention of the return of our Hoop, I have to admit to being very impressed by this announcement!

The club deserves credit for Saturday's ticket initiative - shame I'll be watching my other team try to avoid the impending drop!

Getting the Coop back is something I have to admit I thought would never happen whilst Mr Boyle was at the club. Well done to all concerned - time to join the rush for those season tickets now!

I realise that the cost of the SPL is too high, but even holding prices on the season tickets is a big step to take, and deserves credit.

Lastly, well done to Leanne for bothering to come on here to make the post - I hope there will be many more opportunities for her to post good news on here (starting with the return of the Hoop)!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was looking a bit better after the break it had there, but the Cup game at your place proved that whether it's a plush meadow or a swamp, games between Motherwell and St. Mirren are usually absolutely rank. I just hope we get the result to get us into the Top Six and maybe pull in a few of the 'floating voters' for next season.

Frazzle

Not always but the last few have left a lot to be desired. The pitch won't help either team, lumping the ball from back to front's not going to catch you any "floating voters" for next season.

With the reduced prices it is an ideal chance to "hook" some potential fans, hope the weather stays reasonable and a good crowd turn up. Unfortunately it's pub viewing for me, cost me more than the fiver. :evilgrin:

Delighted and rather amazed at the Cooper decision. It will be great to get 'Well fans back in there but I hope we are still cute with the pricing of OF tickets to get as much out the scum as we can (I believe both ends need to be charged the same price so £25 for them would mean £25 for DCS regulars too...)

Secondly the St Mirren game pricing is great news, should add a good couple of thousand onto the gate - nothing more mind you.

It would have been great however to offer these 'extra' punters that will come along on Saturday some incentive to buy a Season Ticket next year as; and I'm afraid I am going to be unpopular at slating the club here, if the club think 'frozen' season ticket prices at £280 a skull, even with a miserly 10% discount is the way to get crowds up every week next season they are way, way off the mark imo. I am no Marketing Exec but surely a deal along the lines of 'ST's for £199 if you buy before the end of June would read well and be alot more affordable? The result? More arses on seats and cash in the till.

The way it is going if the gate prices stay the same or even drop, and with a good few 'fiver' games over the course of the season to consider too a good few existing ST holders (myself included) may opt to pay at the gate next year. Now was the chance to be clever with our ST pricing to safeguard our club's future. A £280 outlay in the summer of the worst recession in decades is hardly clever.

Tin hat on....

Delighted and rather amazed at the Cooper decision. It will be great to get 'Well fans back in there but I hope we are still cute with the pricing of OF tickets to get as much out the scum as we can (I believe both ends need to be charged the same price so £25 for them would mean £25 for DCS regulars too...)

Secondly the St Mirren game pricing is great news, should add a good couple of thousand onto the gate - nothing more mind you.

It would have been great however to offer these 'extra' punters that will come along on Saturday some incentive to buy a Season Ticket next year as; and I'm afraid I am going to be unpopular at slating the club here, if the club think 'frozen' season ticket prices at £280 a skull, even with a miserly 10% discount is the way to get crowds up every week next season they are way, way off the mark imo. I am no Marketing Exec but surely a deal along the lines of 'ST's for £199 if you buy before the end of June would read well and be alot more affordable? The result? More arses on seats and cash in the till.

The way it is going if the gate prices stay the same or even drop, and with a good few 'fiver' games over the course of the season to consider too a good few existing ST holders (myself included) may opt to pay at the gate next year. Now was the chance to be clever with our ST pricing to safeguard our club's future. A £280 outlay in the summer of the worst recession in decades is hardly clever.

Tin hat on....

Full price for the East this year was £270 (though I paid £260 with the early bird offer). So with the 10% discount you're looking at £243 for the season to sit in the East.

Still too expensive I know but when compared to the £350 being charged down the road at the Accies it is pretty reasonable IMHO.

Do what Killie do and designate the Cooper a Family Stand thereby charging them less than the opposite stand. Simples, as Jaun's avatar suggests :rolleyes:

A great announcement by the club overall I think.

Great that the Cooper decision has been reversed and hope that we can replicate that CIS quarter final support level vs Rangers at least - every time they visit.

Great that they have reduced prices for Sat - didn't expect that to happen and for prices to be cut as significantly is amazing to be honest. I hope every seat in the house is full for this to maximise the return for the club and create a great atmosphere.

Good that season ticket prices have been held. Like a few have said - other clubs are taking money off (I think I've read that Hibs and Hearts at least - have rolled prices back) and a reduction would have been better. Football is way overpriced and prices need to come down. However the decision not to increase prices should be commended.

I think all clubs will be hit at the turnstiles next year regardless.

A great announcement by the club overall I think.

Great that the Cooper decision has been reversed and hope that we can replicate that CIS quarter final support level vs Rangers at least - every time they visit.

Great that they have reduced prices for Sat - didn't expect that to happen and for prices to be cut as significantly is amazing to be honest. I hope every seat in the house is full for this to maximise the return for the club and create a great atmosphere.

Good that season ticket prices have been held. Like a few have said - other clubs are taking money off (I think I've read that Hibs and Hearts at least - have rolled prices back) and a reduction would have been better. Football is way overpriced and prices need to come down. However the decision not to increase prices should be commended.

I think all clubs will be hit at the turnstiles next year regardless.

Is there not a 10% reduction in price if you renew before end of May? With the prices frozen from last season, this represents a 10% reduction in ST if you get in quick, no?

Is there not a 10% reduction in price if you renew before end of May? With the prices frozen from last season, this represents a 10% reduction in ST if you get in quick, no?

Yep you're right airfinz - I think there's always an early bird offer with ST prices - my point was about football prices in general

Hearts look to have dropped their STs by 25% (might be an early bird offer hidden in there) - plus there's a £1 per game deal for kids. offers on merch etc.

Hibs have rolled back to 2007 prices, have a structured kids pricing starting at £30. have a cup deal where you pay £25 extra and get admission to ALL cup games at Easter Road - (which is a gamble as it could be anything from 0 to 5 games). They appear to have early bird offers on top of that - plus offers on club shop merchandise.

Hibs info from Scotsman

Jambo Info

Like I say while the club should be commended for freezing prices I think overall football is too dear and clubs need to reduce or incentivise.

I'm not having a go at the club here, however theres a risk that our ST deal might end up falling a fair bit behind other SPL teams.

If I am reading the Jambo info correctly, it means that it will only be £16 for a Well fan (adult) to get into Tynecastle next season! I hope this is the case!

Yep - looks like £16 for the lower section and £22 for the upper. they'll probably send us upper tickets first.

A few of my non-motherwell supporting mates are coming to the match due to the ticket price, proof of the £5 price getting folk coming.

Definitely is. Think the fiver to get in has actually convinced my dad to go to his first Well game since .....I don't even know when! Hopefully convince him to stick around this time!

Guest 'Flow

I know things between the club and the fans have been difficult to say the least in the past five years - I've sat at both sides of the table and can appreciate just why there has been such a chasm created.

However, I hope fans (particularly in the last four to five months) have started to notice subtle differences in the way the club is run and agree that they are positive. As I said a while back.... No extravagant promises, no outlandish guarantees, no shouting from the rooftops!

Just quietly going about the business of trying to make Motherwell a proper fans club again!

Slowly but surely...

'Flow